Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge collapses  (Read 3178 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2024, 09:07:50 PM »

Now right wingers trying to make a conspiracy theory out of this - that it was an inside job.

I rarely say this but people like Catturd genuinely seem like crappy people who just want to stir the pot and cause chaos - unless they truly are just living in a constant bubble of fear and skepticism.

He takes care of abused animals and currently is handling 13 rescues. I'm not saying your wrong per se but I will respect an animal lover in that regards.

This gets into an interestingly philosophical question - I remember reading about a serial killer who seemed like he was also a genuinely good family man to his wife and kids. Does the fact he did committed pure evil now make him a bad husband and father? Obviously this is an extreme example, but somebody can be a crappy person in one way still have certain good qualities. Someone having other good qualities doesn't mean we shouldn't call out someone's flaws.

Also I will concede I don't personally Catturd nor know his life circumstances - judging from the outside is often unfair, but just his rhetoric on twitter about how he talks about Dems and turns everything into a conspiracy theory is offputting for me at least.
Out of curiosity was is the serial killer you are talking about Israel Keyes?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2024, 09:49:20 PM »

I don't know whom he's referring to. But the BTK killer had a whole family who were clueless. And The Clovehitch Killer is a good movie about a (fictional) family man who's a serial killer on the side.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27:19 PM »

Well, somehow the San Francisco Bay Bridge survived a 2007 container ship hitting.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2024, 11:22:14 PM »

Well, somehow the San Francisco Bay Bridge survived a 2007 container ship hitting.
judging by the damage to the ship, that seemed to be a bit more of a grazing, though. Not head-on like this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2024, 03:19:46 AM »

whomever set up the system that lets the ship pilot have near instant access to the authorities who can shut down the bridge deserves their large govt salary.  The dispatcher who relayed the message (if that's how it played out) should probably get a raise too.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2024, 09:57:48 AM »

America's Greatest CartoonistTM weighs in:

I'm not familiar with Beno Garrison's body of work, but this has to be one of the most idiotic political cartoons I have ever seen.

Is the ship supposed to represent Biden? If so, who is the the old guy snoozing on the beach? If the ship represents Biden's campaign or administration, why not put him as snoozing at the helm? If he's not really running things (a popular right-wing delusion), why just label the ship "Biden"?

Republicans complain about crime and open borders all the time - are they lying? Are the debt and inflation not real things? If climate change and "war" are lies, how are they supposed to threaten or damage America? If climate change is a threat to America, wouldn't that make green energy a good thing? (Maybe that's why green energy is green - for 'good' or 'go', while the rest of the cargo of lies is orange and red, for 'caution' and 'stop'?)

Why is there smoke coming from the bridge, or the water? The ship seems unharmed, while America is collapsing... is  Garrison predicting that Biden will triumph over a fragile and destroyed America without even trying? Is that because the good ship Biden is about to pick-up a power-up star lying in the water at the foot of the bridge?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2024, 10:04:39 AM »

I'm not familiar with Beno Garrison's body of work, but this has to be one of the most idiotic political cartoons I have ever seen.

They're all this stupid.
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2024, 10:12:50 AM »

Now right wingers trying to make a conspiracy theory out of this - that it was an inside job.

I rarely say this but people like Catturd genuinely seem like crappy people who just want to stir the pot and cause chaos - unless they truly are just living in a constant bubble of fear and skepticism.

He takes care of abused animals and currently is handling 13 rescues. I'm not saying your wrong per se but I will respect an animal lover in that regards.

Hitler also loved animals and was even a vegetarian. One redeeming quality doesn’t give scumbags like cat turd a pass
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2024, 02:04:55 PM »

The way he draws the Zs around sleeping Biden's head makes it look like he's saying NNN.
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 03:14:32 PM »

Must read on this.

https://www.ft.com/content/8e38759f-791c-4b27-9fc2-25ca02a8f4c7

In short, boats are getting ever bigger to the point that ports like Baltimore are not big enough to handle them.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2024, 03:17:02 PM »

Look at this.

Many America's adversaries in the social media are mocking.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2024, 03:51:43 PM »

Look at this.

Ironically part of the reason why replacing half of the San Francisco bay bridge (no, not the part hit by the container ship) was so expensive and time consuming was because of shoddy Chinese steel.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2024, 05:09:35 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2024, 06:28:33 PM by Joe Republic »

Apples and oranges I recognize, but it took seven days for this sinkhole in Japan to be repaired:

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2024, 05:21:08 PM »

Can someone please replace all the labels with "cum"?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2024, 05:29:41 PM »

I don't know whom he's referring to. But the BTK killer had a whole family who were clueless. And The Clovehitch Killer is a good movie about a (fictional) family man who's a serial killer on the side.

Kudos for interweaving a serial killer movie into a bridge collapse thread. Made it about 10 times more interesting.

Clovehitch Killer is a great movie.

Nothing triggers Atlas users more than a Ben Garrison cartoon.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2024, 05:30:30 PM »

This is the type of thing that isn't political at all, but it makes the news and is dramatic, so everyone projects their own hatreds and prejudices onto it. It is the news version of a rorschach test.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2024, 05:36:28 PM »

Look at this.

China’s construction is all tofu dreg, it all falls down within a few years. Envy Japan, not China. 3 gorges dam is well on its way to collapse and millions dying.

Those high speed trains have plenty of video of them ratting like they’re going over a pothole filled road.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2024, 05:50:23 PM »

Apples and oranges I realize, but it took seven days for this sinkhole in Japan to be repaired:

If Samara was down there, that's just in time.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2024, 06:31:35 PM »

This is the type of thing that isn't political at all, but it makes the news and is dramatic, so everyone projects their own hatreds and prejudices onto it. It is the news version of a rorschach test.

That's been the story of our politics since at least 2016.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2024, 06:47:04 PM »

Kudos for interweaving a serial killer movie into a bridge collapse thread. Made it about 10 times more interesting.

Clovehitch Killer is a great movie.

Well, he does suck.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2024, 01:27:41 AM »

But Hitler loved dogs!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2024, 03:16:05 PM »

Dive team recovers body at site of Baltimore bridge collapse as search continues for 3 others

Crews on Friday recovered the body of a third construction worker who died in the collapse of a bridge in Baltimore as divers continue searching for additional victims who officials believe are trapped under the wreckage.

Maynor Yassir Suazo Sandoval’s body was found Friday morning, officials said. The discovery came amid salvage efforts to haul away tons of steel debris that officials have said prevented divers from locating multiple victims who were on the Francis Scott Key Bridge when it was rammed by a large container ship and collapsed into the water last week.

The Keybridge Joint Information Center said in a statement its salvage dive teams located the 38-year-old construction worker and notified Maryland State Police Friday morning.

A police underwater recovery team was deployed with dive teams from other law enforcement agencies and recovered Suazo Sandoval’s body, according to the statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/us/maynor-yassir-suazo-sandoval-baltimore-bridge/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2024, 12:25:18 PM »

Well, he does suck.

It's just so stupid.
It has like no meaning what-so-ever.
It was created to attract MAGA idiots with an IQ of 60. Put a "sleepy Joe" in there, with "NNN" (not Z's), and "HA, HA, HA" ... it's the greatest cartoon on the planet.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2024, 12:34:46 PM »

tsk tsk.  Biden asleep on the job!  No wonder the ship crashed.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2024, 02:31:07 PM »

By the way.
Does anyone know: what the Hell is that star under the bow of the ship, suppose to represent in this stupid cartoon?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies