Trump goes after LeBron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:55:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes after LeBron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump goes after LeBron  (Read 3615 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »

This is one of his worst tweets as President IMO. Ranks up there with what he said about Mika Brzezinski's face.

Like a lot of his tweets are eye popping and out of bounds, but this is just reviling to me.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here. 

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

How about it's just wrong and disgusting what he said, regardless of what they may have said about him...

or whether he's done this before...

or whether he's President or not...?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies