Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:22:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crumbling Reich: A Weimar Republic Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 18734 times)
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« on: July 03, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »

Kurt Schumacher

Schumacher speaks to the state of unemployment in Germany on the floor of the Reichstag:

"Is it any wonder that we have 6 millions Germans out of a job with the Chancellor of Hunger and Austerity leading our nation's economic course? It should now be clear that his polices of reduced wages and tight credit has done nothing ameliorate the condition of either the country or it's citizens, it has only led us to slums, misery, pestilence, crime and more unemployment despite the supposed economic acumen of the Chancellor. And not to mention the mistreatment of our veterans, who are either left begging on the streets or left scrounging with but a meager welfare check to name."

"And as both a committed member of the SPD and a war veteran these sights really make my blood boil, especially with an alternative in front of us. We can provide economic relief to our citizens, we can both intervene in and stimulate the economy, we can create society that makes sure that every German citizen can live in dignity, and we can provide welfare to those who fall trough the cracks. These things are not impossible goals, if we put our collective effort and will towards this goal we will be able to create a Germany free of depression, of hunger, of misery and pestilence.

"But it's not with Chancellor Brüning we will achieve these goals. It's not with this Chancellor of Austerity and Hunger, it's not with this Chancellor aligned with the interests of bankers and industrialists. Neither is it with monarchist DNVP, the reactionary NSDAP or the Moscow lapdogs in the KDP that these things will be acheived. It's only with a Chancellor from the SPD that Germany will be free of depression, of hunger, of misery and pestilence, and follow in the steps of the Heidelberg Program. "

"Which is why this body need to declare a motion of no confidence in this government run by decree. We need a government that has the backing of the people, not just the backing of Hindenburg. "

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 07:24:53 PM »

Kurt Schumacher speaks to the ADBG

"First off i would like to thank the ADGB for inviting me to come speak in front of all of you. It's truly a great honor to be able to speak in front of all of you on the issues that speak to the country, the Freie Gewerkschaften and the working men and women that makes up both of those."

"It is no secret that the we live in times of great precariousness for our economy, for our citizens and for our Republic. Around 6 million of our citizens are unemployed, living in hunger, misery and pestilence due to the persistent refusal of the outgoing Chancellor Brüning to do anything but tightening credit and cutting wages. Not to mention that innocent citizens are the victims of attacks by SA and the Der Stalhelm on a weekly, if not daily basis."

"But there is an alternative to these things my friends. We can solve this period of economic misery by having government actually intervene in the economy. We can give at least give the Germans temporary work trough a public works program, we can ease the suffering by providing relief to our unemployed citizens, we can kick start the economy by injecting some money into it, and we can nationalize some industries to remove their profit motive to get more people employed. This part of the path of recovery for Germany, alongside the fulfillment of the Heidelberg Program."

"And wherever possible the ADBG should come out in force to protect the citizens of the Republic against the likes of the SA and Die Stalhelm. It should fulfill this role as a member of the Iron Front.
It should fulfill this role alongside the Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold, whom i also urge to take part in protecting the citizens of this Republic. It's a precarious time for the Republic, so i urge the ADBG and all other organizations of the Iron Front to steel themselves against groups whose actions would seek to undermine the Republic."

"That is all."
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 08:58:00 PM »

Kurt Schumacher speaks out against police reform plan

"This police reform is truly nothing less than an attempt at centralizing power in the hands of reactionaries who oppose the very Republic that has given them power. They will serve as nothing more than Papen's personal thugs given that they would be controlled by the Interior Ministry. And not to mention that he wants them to maintain order and stability at all costs, which is what truly strikes at the heart of the Republic. And on top of that Papen intends to use the Reichswehr as a blunt tool against anyone who he considers "enemies of the Fatherland", which can mean whatever he wants it to. It's a precarious time for the Republic indeed. "

"Which is why i intend to vote against this police reform, and i encourage all my colleagues in the Reichstag to do the same. Wir als stehlen! Für die Republik!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies