King and Country - Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:15:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King and Country - Gameplay Thread  (Read 4051 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: February 21, 2020, 11:48:13 AM »

Proclamation from the Persian Shah Suleiman I

(Source: Wikimedia Commons)

The Safavid Dynasty will rise once more, and neither the Ottomans nor Russians nor Mughals will impede on this quest. We are currently engaging against the rabble of raiders to our East, so any threat to our current objectives shall be met with the might of our army of 70,000 men. However, in the quest for peace, we would be open to cooperation from the bordering powers on a number of objectives. What is not negotiable is the encroachment of the Christians into my sphere of power or their trade routes. Be prepared to withdraw or offer sea toll expenses, less risk a naval war. What is again nonnegotiable is the treatment of Shia Muslims wherever they live, any direct attacks on the rightful path of Islam shall risk swift retribution from our experienced armies.

For negotiations and trade deals, please send me your envoys at once to our capital in Tehran.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »

Trade and military negotiations with the King of the Georgians and Omani Imamate has been successful. We are now closer then ever. Any aggression against these realms shall be an attack on the Safavids as well, Allah Akbar.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:50:08 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2020, 10:57:01 PM by PSOL »

Proclamation from the Persian Shah Suleiman I

(Source: Wikimedia Commons)

The Safavid Dynasty will rise once more, and neither the Ottomans nor Russians nor Mughals will impede on this quest. We are currently engaging against the rabble of raiders to our East, so any threat to our current objectives shall be met with the might of our army of 70,000 men. However, in the quest for peace, we would be open to cooperation from the bordering powers on a number of objectives. What is not negotiable is the encroachment of the Christians into my sphere of power or their trade routes. Be prepared to withdraw or offer sea toll expenses, less risk a naval war. What is again nonnegotiable is the treatment of Shia Muslims wherever they live, any direct attacks on the rightful path of Islam shall risk swift retribution from our experienced armies.

For negotiations and trade deals, please send me your envoys at once to our capital in Tehran.

The government of his Most Catholic Majesty, King of Castille, Leon, Aragon, the Two Sicilies, etc. has carefully reviewed the missive of the Persian Shah. Upon reciept, the message was reviewed for translation by multiple speakers of that Shah's tongue to ensure that there were no errors in understanding of the intentions of that ruler and to ensure that it was a legitimate request. The threat demanding payment or withdraw from the Indies were carefully reviewed and assessed by His Most Catholic Majesty's court and advisers. The demand was referred to the Cortes of Castille as well as the Cortes of Aragon for review. Further guidance was received from several Navarrese representatives and was duly considered as required by fueros. Statements were solicited from the Supreme Council of Flanders and the Council of Italy who declined to provide advice on the matter. The Consulado de Mercaderes of Seville was consulted about potential impacts of trade and colonial impact statements were received from the representatives of the Viceroyalties of New Spain and Peru. The Council of the Indies referred His Majesty's Government to advice on the issue provided by the Captain-General of the Philippines which it is understood was created at the Viceroy's request after appropriate consultation with the Archbishop of Manila. After a decision was made but prior to publication of the decision of Her Majesty the Queen Regent had taken, further review was sought from the learned Audiencias of Madrid and Zaragoza as well as from Cardinal-Bishop Nithard. His Majesty's personal confessor was consulted and the decision was relayed to John of Austria as a measure of goodwill. After due consideration, His Majesty Charles II Hapsburg, King of Castille, Leon, Aragon, the Two Sicilies, etc. would convey the following response to the demands of the Shah of Persia:

No
I’m sorry to hear that. I hoped that we and any other disagreeing powers could have came to an understanding.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »

Tehran Agreement
1. The Tsardom of Russia and the Safavid Empire agree to respect one another's borders in perpetuity.
2. The Tsardom of Russia and the Safavid Empire also agree to allow both Russian and Persian merchants and traders free access to both lands without physical or financial hindrance.
xAlexei I, Tsar of Russia
The court of the Shah approves this agreement.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2020, 11:05:33 PM by PSOL »

Treaty of Muscat

1. The Sublime Port and the Safavid Empire agree to respect each other's borders in perpetuity.

2. The Sublime Port and the Safavid Empire agree to grant each other "Favored Trading Status" and shall not impose any tariffs greater than 10% upon each other's goods.  The modification of tax rates imposed upon each empire's merchants shall be considered after two consecutive years of peace between the Sublime Port and the Safavid Empire.

3. Religious restrictions on Sunni and Shia Muslims in both empires shall be mutually reexamined over the course of the coming year.

4. Non-residential Restrictions on holy sites will be lifted and there may be no barring of the Hajj, effective after two consecutive years of peace between the Sublime Port and the Safavid Empire.

5. A defensive pact against unprovoked acts of piracy and raiding among the borders and sea routes of the Sublime Port and the Safavid Empire is in order.

6. An unprovoked attack on the recognized vassals of each domain shall be regarded as a violation of this treaty, although this needn't necessarily apply to an attack upon one of the party's allies.
X Shah Suleiman I
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:36:04 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2020, 06:50:53 PM by PSOL »

A Proclamation
From the Court of Suleiman I, Shah of Persia from the Safavid Dynasty
By Allah’s will, we have been victorious in our exploits against the Khanate of Bukhara. While we can consolidate our holdings quite easy on the remainder of Emirs, Khans, and Chieftains of Central Asia, there are other less disruptive ways to go about this. We accept any and all tributes from the tribes of Central Asia, as well as the possibility of being our vassal. For supplying the Court of the Safavid dynasty with men and tributes on further campaigns, we will not dispose of the local rulers and only employ a limited amount of men to ensure the stability of our partnership against subversive forces inside and out of my domains. For more information, please contact my court in Tehran.

On other matters, anyone willing to fight for my court for a reasonable price of land and commercial lucratives in the East, please contact my court to be enlisted. We are looking for able horsemen and those skilled in the terrain of the East. We need approximately 30,000 men-at-arms for the ventures I have planned.

Now, on to foreign matters. Even though I have been more then willing to cooperate a deal that respects the commercial ties across the Indian Ocean, very few European powers have came to me with my expected fee. We will not be ignored any further, either the respective powers that are excluded from a trade deal pay the fee or we appropriate your trade ships without payment. Time is running out, and we have ways of enforcing such measures if it comes to it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 10:51:45 PM »

A Joyous Proclamation as the Shah has gained another Friendship

The Circassians and my Court have come to a momentous partnership of commerce and mutual understanding. The Circassian land is under my protection as we have signed a defense agreement. Any foreign offenses against the Circassians shall be met with swift retribution by my army. I am also joyous that they have agreed to lease a contingent of troops in my campaign in the East.

It is clear from my willingness to promote commerce that we mean no harm against those who put down the sword for the rial. I welcome that the tribes to the East learn that it is better to come to us for agreements of trade and mutual defense. May this agreement last as long as Allah wills it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 03:48:39 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2020, 03:54:14 PM by PSOL »

A Direct Order
Establishing a Toll Zone in the Indian Ocean

That the Partnership between the Kingdom of Muscat and the Expansive Realm of Iran shall establish a toll zone in the Indian Ocean for the purpose of issuing proper legal enforcement on the seafaring trade routes on those who have not given a 20% fee on each transaction. To pay such transactions, dock at the port of Muscat to have the items viewed and appropriately analyzed. The Ships flagged as belonging to the Sublime Port and Tsardom of Russia are exempt from this arrangement.

The order shall operate indefinitely . Failure to obey by this guidance shall lead to appropriation of the items, payments, and means of transport in question without compensation. To initiate negotiations of these terms, please send an envoy to the court of the Safavids located in Esfahan.

We also will not stand local trading partners who align with these European powers. Harsh penalties shall be applied to them mirroring the European powers. Sanctions and embargoes shall be used as a maximum pressure if they continue to trade with these powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in_the_21st_century#/media/File:Somalian_Piracy_Threat_Map_2010.png
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »

I’m pleased to announce that The Expansive Kingdom and Mughal empire are close to finalizing strong diplomatic and commercial ties with one another and the Kingdom of Muscat. For the meager return of conquered Mughal territory in the East, the Expansive Kingdom will forge a trio of trade, truce, and a towering alliance to bring together the Islamic world. While we may differ in beliefs of the core of the succession of Muhammad or earthly squabbles, we and the rest of my efforts to promote trade deals with other powers have done much to unite a fractured Ummah. While an encroachment by those jealous of our legacy and wishing of our spoils try to snake themselves in, I’m glad that I can play my part in bringing the true faithful together. We can wage a jihad of righteousness for truth against one another through debate, the Jihad of strength and costly expense must be waged on our opponents.

The Insolence of the European powers is an example of a hindrance to the Ummah. They refuse to stop promoting their faith in and around their outposts in the East, and have been quite aggressive and greedy in establishing themselves as above the local Muslims. That’s why my court of the Expansive Kingdom and the Kingdom of Muscat are taking the most firm stand against them. Let it be known that any who wish to impede on the Ummah or cooperate with the infidels will face the economic, cultural, and if it goes to it, military might in a Jihad or the ages. It’s not just me and the ruler of Muscat, no, but of the countless sympathetic Muslims out there tired of this infection; not just Shi’ite, not just Ibadi, not just Sunni, but the whole of the true members of the Ummah. Together, we shall win this Jihad no matter the task or setbacks to it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies