Texas: two gunmen shot dead after opening fire at Mohammed cartoon contest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Texas: two gunmen shot dead after opening fire at Mohammed cartoon contest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas: two gunmen shot dead after opening fire at Mohammed cartoon contest  (Read 8896 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 04, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »

This is also blasphemy (from the infamous Der Stuermer, whose editor Julius Streicher was convicted of crimes against humanity for such images that fostered mass hatred of Jews in Hitlerland, and was hanged for such):

Humanity needs stand together against any blanket smear of a religion or its believers.  

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

I used to think blasphemy a trivial offense, at least when it was only the use of a holy name in a vile context  -- as saying "God damn it" after falling on ice. Such has no premeditation; it is done with practically no thought. "God damn"... what? The ice? Does a thin glaze of ice have a soul to condemn to Hell? "Damn you!" for cutting me off in traffic and causing hot coffee to spill upon my pet dog along for the ride? That is a bit harsh.

When Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, all that I could say was "God damn him!" Military aggression is a horrific crime, one that typically results in mass, pointless death.  I am sure that many said the same of fascist aggressions from Mussolini invading Ethiopia to the Pearl Harbor attack. I may not be a religious man, but if there is a just God, then I can only imagine where Mussolini, Hitler, Tojo, and Saddam are.... and I do not want to go where they are.

But that is comparatively minor. We are not the One Who could condemn an egregious sinner to Hell. really, it is up to us to forgive someone who did some thoughtless offense to our persons or those of our loved ones (including the four-legged ones).

...Far worse is the libel of a religion (including its key figures) or its believers. No people deserves to be demonized. Hitler would have never had a chance to murder six million Jews had it not been for the debased images of Jews that emanated from Julius Streicher.  I have no idea of what sort of crimes are possible against Islam and Muslims. I will be unable to see any difference between the murder of six million people as Muslims and the killing of six million people as Jews.

Shame on the Jew Pamela Geller! She should know better!  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies