Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:15:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are liberals upset about Jeff Sessions?  (Read 5492 times)
hopper
United States

« on: November 19, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »

Sessions is just a buffoon on race issues. I don't think the guy is racist though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »

Donald Trump has appointed a white supremacist and anti-Semite as his chief strategist, and now the biggest racist in the United States Senate as his AG. What's next, David Duke for Secretary of Homeland Security?
Steve Bannon is not an anti-Semite since it was David Horowitz that said Bill Kristol was a "renegade jew".
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »

Donald Trump has appointed a white supremacist and anti-Semite as his chief strategist, and now the biggest racist in the United States Senate as his AG. What's next, David Duke for Secretary of Homeland Security?

There is literally no evidence that Bannon is a "white supremacist".

Like there is no evidence Trump hasn't done racist things… oh wait. I just love how Bannon's fellow white nationalists defend him in the media.  Smiley

Almost every Trump voter I have spoken to personally has started griping about the blacks and the Latinos in this country. It's almost like a universal trait.
Oh well those Trump Voters who gripe about Black People must have personal problems of their own. About Latino's-What was Trump Voters problems with Latino's? If it is that they don't speak English than I have no bones to pick with Trump Voters on that one.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:57 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2016, 01:12:30 AM by hopper »

There is literally no evidence that Bannon is a "white supremacist".

Like there is no evidence Trump hasn't done racist things… oh wait. I just love how Bannon's fellow white nationalists defend him in the media.  Smiley

Almost every Trump voter I have spoken to personally has started griping about the blacks and the Latinos in this country. It's almost like a universal trait.
Oh well those Trump Voters who gripe about Black People must have personal problems of their own. About Latino's-What was Trump Voters problems with Latino's? If it is that they don't speak English than I have no bones to pick with Trump Voters on that one.

This was the most interesting thing. It was related to the Latino population growth and minority vote becoming larger.
Every single time I pointed out Latinos and blacks and Asians are a growing population, they freaked out. Consistently.

"BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE." Literal quote from last night. Another one told me a while ago that white people need to spend more time reproducing.

Hilariously, I'm not even white and yet, since they're friends with me, they feel very comfortable spouting racism around me.
Black People shouldn't be allowed to Vote-It is stupid to say something like that.

Most of the countries population growth has been Hispanics(i.e. Mexican-American) over the past 25-35 years. Of course this has been changing over the past few years since most Hispanic Population Growth in the US has been from Honduras or Guatemala I think rather than from Mexico as it was in the past.

I don't know I guess some White People can't relate to Latino's culturally since most Latinos are either immigrants or come from parents of immigrants. Its like a culture shock to some white people.

hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 12:57:23 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2016, 01:06:21 AM by hopper »

Given how much time I spent around them, I conclude Trump supporters have a deep cultural problem because drill deep down, it's never about the issues, it's a sort of a resentment against x or y outside group. Be it Muslims, blacks, or Latinos. And yes, they were white men.

I don't know if it's racism, economic anxiety, concern about their status in a changing world, or all of the above. I don't hold their bigotry against them (except to silently mock them in my head) but I feel strongly that nobody gets to a Trump vote without checking one of the cultural boxes off that relate to feeling antipathy towards an outsider group.

This is brutally harsh, but it is also I think a valid opinion given how Trump waged his campaign. He explicitly campaigned on resentment politics, politics of grievance against outside groups, and talked about outside groups in virtually everything he did. He very much was a "us against them" type of candidate. A grievance politician.

Yeah but the thing is White Voters(with no college degree) in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania just didn't wake up one day and decided they were prejudice against minorities. Those were states that a GOP Presidential Candidate hadn't carried since the day of Reagan/Bush HW circa the decade of the 1980's.

There is a sizeable Black Population in all 3 states(WI, MI, and PA) but mostly near or in the cities of Milwaukee, Detroit, and Philly. There is not a sizeable Hispanic Population in either of those 3 states and a sizeable Muslim Population in just one of those states(MI.) Trump flipped Macomb, Saginaw, and Bay Counties in Michigan but didn't flip Oakland County.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »

Somehow, I don't think conservatives would love the idea of Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren being put in that post.
I don't think Sanders or Warren wants to be AG of the US though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »

Why wouldn't we be upset about an extreme conservative being put in such a position of power? Somehow, I don't think conservatives would love the idea of Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren being put in that post. Also, I highly doubt he'll do wonders for race relations in this country, which are already quite strained.

"Planned Murderhood", "ACLU = communist and un-American"? Really? Tell me again about how the left is so divisive, and demonizes those who disagree. Roll Eyes

Yea seriously. I mean, I get it, Trump won. However, while I understand & accept conservatives will take up spots in the administration, Sessions is just too much. He's a racist who has shown clear contempt for the Voting Rights Act and will be a disaster for civil rights in this country. At least put in someone who acknowledges we lock up too many people, not someone who apparently thinks we don't jail enough. And for Trump, who said he wanted to leave marijuana legalization to the states, why nominate someone who is among, if not thee most anti-pot Senators we have?

Oh, I know why. Because Trump wants loyalists.

Sure Sessions has a shaky past on the topic of race but the guy did prosecute members of the Klan though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies