IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:50:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump  (Read 2179 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: May 23, 2019, 06:54:46 PM »

Farm Crisis issue with Soybean Farmers maybe souring a bit might be a factor here?

"Free Trade" vs "Economic Protectionism" is not as cut and dry as many might think in IA.

Could be a blip on the radar, or a return to the collective memory of many older folks, and their kids that now run the Hog and Soybeam 80-160 acre family farm which is machine intensive rather than labor intensive and the insensitive response of Bush Sr and Dan Quayle to the farming crisis of '87/'88 that swung major parts of the "Grain Belt" DEM for the first time in Decades. (Factory Towns are their own bag in IA, although I believe Tractor Plants used to be a thing around these parts).

We'll need to see more out of IA, which I'm sure we will as the first State to present final results in the Caucus/Primary Season, but the image of Trump is more likely to be fixed than most of the DEM prospective nominees.

I hope so. I personally think that farmers will still end up voting for Trump anyway. Though I do feel confident in Iowa voting less Republican than it did in 2016. I think it even votes to the left of Ohio this time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies