IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA-PPP: Pure Tossup as elastic Hawkeye State voters sour on Trump  (Read 2178 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 22, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »

Why do you have PPP (D)?  Was the poll done for a Democratic group?  I don't see a sponsor listed in the article.

If you're putting the (D) there just because it's PPP, this is inappropriate.  PPP's owner is liberal, but their polling is quite good and shows very little bias according to 538's ratings.  (Consider them the mirror image of Fox News, which is a conservative organization but has very good polling.)

I’m aware of this, I only put the (D) there because I thought that it was sponsored by a Democratic group. Doesn’t PPP only conduct polling for private clients now? Maybe I’m wrong, I can fix the title if you want.

Yeah, they do mostly commissioned polls (occasionally they'll do one on their own) and they are mostly for Democratic or progressive groups, but not always.  This one certainly could be from such a group, but without any attribution I'd be hesitant to assume it.  IMO it would be appropriate to take off the D unless/until the sponsorship is clarified.  Thank you.

Yeah. Normally PPP clarifies whether or not a poll was commissioned anyway from what I’ve seen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies