Do you think the Dems are focusing too much on the Russia narrative? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you think the Dems are focusing too much on the Russia narrative? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you think the Dems are focusing too much on the Russia narrative?  (Read 2619 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: March 05, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »

I mean come on guys, it's starting to get silly. I never understand why partisans do this thing, where they pretend to adopt their opponents positions to be impressive or something. Obviously they should call for inquiries, but they're losing valuable time and political capital which should be spent focused on undermining the plutocratic nature of the GOP, not going on a Beltway hunt that few potential Dem voters care about. (At least, they didn't seem to care about the Russia links in the election, I don't see why they'll suddenly start caring now)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:28:10 PM »

The thing is, Russia is such a paper tiger of a state. Its people are probably the unhealthiest in the developed world, its economy is nothing to brag about, it's largely disliked by its neighbours, its environment is wrecked, the population is stagnant and probably will start declining again and the whole system is kept afloat by increasingly cheap appeals to rabid nationalism and to the personality cult of Putin. I don't really see why people are so goddamned frightened of the country - unless you're from Latvia or something.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies