Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:51:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank these cities from most liberal to most conservative  (Read 12031 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2011, 01:14:26 PM by Don't Let The Music Die, and Don't Replace Me »

Salt Lake City is not conservative. Very far from it. It's probably the most liberal city in the interior west after Denver and Boulder.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »

Well judging by who Salt Lake City has as their US Rep, I would say that it is democrat leaning but the democrats in SLC are more what you call "tory dems" as opposed to a Barbara Lee type democrat.

That's a pretty lousy measure. SLC is carved up and doesn't make up anywhere near the majority of any congressional district. On the contrary, this guy used to be mayor of SLC.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »

In 1972 Houston made up a hell of a lot larger percentage of Harris County than it does now, so I have a tough time believing McGovern won it when Nixon got over 62% in the county.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:10 AM »

In the 1970 Census Houston had a population of over 1.2 million, the US population was 203 million. This equals about 465k per congressional district. There is no way that most of Houston's population was in one district.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »

If you walked into a restaurant or store in Portland or San Francisco, or Cleveland or New York and asked the person working there, "Excuse me, do you know where there is a place I can buy a gun?" and lit a cigarette....they would freak out and tell you no smoking allowed.

If you walked into a place in say...Tulsa or Oklahoma City or Memphis...they'd tell you about a "store down the street that sells guns" and then offer you a lite for your cigarette.

LOL. This reminds me of that time I was at a gas station in Minneapolis and could smell something near the counter that was like marijuana. I asked the clerk if anyone who had been smoking had been in lately and he was like "I don't know but damn I wish I had some weed now!" and asked me if I had any. So yeah a gas station clerk was openly asking a customer for weed. Now imagine if Naso were also in the gas station and how he'd react.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies