Eurovision Song Contest 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:16:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Eurovision Song Contest 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2014  (Read 9110 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: May 11, 2014, 02:12:59 AM »

Damn the man. It should have been a Dutch victory Sad

It should have not. Conchita and Austria deserved it. Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

Were people really SJWing out over people calling a drag queen "he/him"? lol

Well when Hilfy is intentionally doing it to be an asshole...

The singer identifies as a male; Conchita Wurst is entirely a persona. He is the correct pronoun to use in this case.

As if Hifly cares either way.

I do, which is why I use the correct pronoun.

Well, not really. She once said in a radio-interview; she would like to be called "she" when's she's in her role as Conchita, and "he" when she lives her real life as Tom.

You forget Tender, Innsbruck has a second location - the Bergiselschanze. It's a ski jump hill, just above of Innsbruck at the "Bergisel" (Mount Isel). It would have place for 26'000 people, and also room for all the PR stuff; yet the main problem is the weather.

I would prefer it having it in Innsbruck, I live just 20 minutes away from it Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »

The singer identifies as a male; Conchita Wurst is entirely a persona. He is the correct pronoun to use in this case.

Well, not really. She once said in a radio-interview; she would like to be called "she" when's she's in her role as Conchita, and "he" when she lives her real life as Tom.

That is totally irrelevant; I'm not going to use a pronoun designated for a woman when referring to a man, for it is wholly incorrect.

This is a) not irrelevant, and b) you're the one that's incorrect. If she wants to be called that way when being Conchita, why can't you just do it. It's like when you would like to be called Robbie, but everyone calls you Bobby.

Yeah, outdoors isn't good... The Olympiahalle has a great atmosphere though, and it would be great if it was hosted in there. But of course it will be Vienna... It's always Vienna Wink
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »

That is totally irrelevant; I'm not going to use a pronoun designated for a woman when referring to a man, for it is wholly incorrect.

This is a) not irrelevant, and b) you're the one that's incorrect.

Please take heed of what you're writing because you are phrasing subjective statements as if they are testable, and in this case it is testable to for me to declare that you are in fact wrong. Herr Neuwirth is literally a man in every relevant way possible; legally, physically, biologically, you name it. Putting on a dress, long hair and a silly name does not change your gender. Educate yourself before saying something like that. ENGAGE BRAIN AND LEARN.

Of course that does not change Tom to a woman, he is of course still a man. But if Tom asks to be called "she" after putting on that dress, long hair and a silly name; can't we just do what Tom wants us to do, and call him "he" while living as Tom, and call her "she" while living as Conchita?
This is not about either of us being right or wrong, but about another human being wishing to be accepted as how he/she wants to be.

And just for the record, I did not report your post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies