I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:46:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50281 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: July 21, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »

Ok, I'm a bit skeptical here. 

1. Did you have this contract looked at by a lawyer?

2. Is all of your communication via email?  If you have talked to them verbally who are you talking to?

3. What ID are you send them?  Are we talking about scanned and faxed docs? Drivers License etc.

You have to be careful man.  When they ask for your bloody routing # and account # to "deposit" your first check they could be also taking all your money out with the correct information.  It could be perfectly legit but you have to be super careful because ID theft and stuff can ruin your life.  I wouldnt be heartened that they answer your emails promptly because many crooks are quite diligent and hard working too.

I just find it odd that any company would hire management without a face to face meeting.  If this company can't afford to fly you out there to Australia or have them fly to OKC- What does that say about their financial viability.  8k or so shouldnt be too much money to invest on a new hire.  At the very least request a meeting via Skype to meet some of the highers ups of this company.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »

Ok, Inspired by watching Sherloke Holmes I'm pretty much 100% sure this is a scam of some sort.

1.  No Hoover's information- I once worked at a company with like 6 people and they are on there

2. No linkedin information that I could find. They also weren't on career builders.

3. website seems to be of a new vintage if I'm tracking it right June 1, 2010 or that could be date of ownership privacy protection.  Company also protects themselves from internet archiving.

4. Website really is management and techno jargon.  The client list is dodgy, intentionally vague- look to be a couple of fake companies thrown in there.

5. On the website they have listed a 23 Waymouth Street.  ANZ building occupies 11 thru 29 Waymouth Street.  I don't see them listed as tenants in any search at all. 

I could be wrong, but Okie I just hope you didnt give them too information. 

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »

Le sigh.  I tried....

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:31:05 AM »

BushOk, I wish you the best on your new endeavor and I hope my suspicions are very, very wrong.

However, get elaboration on what below entails:

processing direct payments from the customers to programmers, working for our company (paper formalities),

To carry out your work you will be admitted to the corporate banking account as soon as you start working for us.

There is a scheme to establish a front company, offer someone a job and then use said person for wire and banking fraud.   Maybe I'm paranoid but wouldnt want to see you facing Federal wire fraud or passing bad check charges.   Hell its even alluded to a craiglist:# 7 http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

There is really NO LEGITIMATE REASON that a company would not be able to handle their own corporate accounts payable and receiving on a Global level from Australia.  My previous companies HQ was in London and handled all payment/receiving and annoyingly even payroll for over 100 countries. 

Also re: Contract-  for something this important have it looked at by a lawyer. 

P.S.- I hope I'm not coming off like a jerk.  This could very well be your dream job- just want to make sure all bases are covered.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »

They have no complaints with the BBB of Australia because this is a hit and run operation.  Once they commit a crime under this name- which YOU will be a fall guy for- they will then change their name to some other non descript company name-  Global Inc. and get more people.  Cut your loses.  You cannot focus on Christmas from a bleeding Federal Prison!!!!!!

Did you read Boris' link.  Are they expanding that rapidly?  It really sucks man, you made a mistake.  Start making it right and cease immediately. 

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »

So, based on that, I'm still going to give them a couple days to prove themselves since they have none of my very personal informatoin.  I still have the backup plan.  I feel safer doing it this way knowing that if any monies are transferred via payroll, it would have to be by check which then I could see if it is a legit check before I deposit it.  They did contact me by phone, though, yesterday, so now at least I have a voice to put with the e-mails and communications.

Bushie, this is money laundering man.  The checks you would be likely receiving would likely be from legitimate people or companies who have been defrauded in another scam.  You take part in any of the process and you become part of the crime.  It is like receiving stolen property.  You would be there to wash the money and then forward it on.  When the money is found to be fraud you can get nailed for receiving these sums and you would be left with the cabs taken out.

Regarding the ASIC, If one component is a scam then the rest are also fraud.  It could be a ghost company set up as a sleeper or it could be someone else's information.  It is pretty easy to set up a fake companies.
Below is a link that goes into some of the details.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/index.php?location=fake_job

Edit: And yes Lunar I feel like we are getting phished with Bush Ok being some damned obstinate. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »

Is PrivacyProtect.org [who are masking the "Australian" company website] a legitimate website?

Yeah, they seem to be a legitimate company that protects illegitimate websites and activity.  They say they protect you against spammers and phishers, but really protect those.

Scammers can be quite sophisticated and are always coming up with new schemes.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

It's alright guys.  Yes, I made a mistake by leaving ONG, but I am trying to cut everything there as I have told the scammers no deal.  So, Monday morning, I am going to call on these jobs and hopefully, Lord willing, be able to find something relatively quickly.  Remember, the recession didn't hit Oklahoma as hard as other parts of the country, so that's a plus.  I'm also going to call ONG back on Monday morning and see if I can go back to work for them at the same job and same pay.

Note:  None of this conversation makes it to facebook.  I'm trying to save face there.

Best of Luck, Jeff.  If you can't get it back, you can move on and find something else.  You weren't that happy there so maybe a new job will come up that will be even better.  Stay positive and don't let a misstep hold you back.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

J-Mann, stop poking holes in Opebo's narrative conceit.  He has put a lot of time and thousands of posts constructing this and it is not right.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »

Best of Luck. 

Let me also preemptively say, NO, I would not like to hear about the benefits of Ameriplan. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies