I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:05:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50288 times)
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

Why does BushOK ignore all the posts clearly identifying this as a scam?

I'm confused by this.  It's almost fake.  He talks right past them.  He'll probably ignore this post too.

I find it interesting comparing aspects of Jeff's behaviour in this topic (the cheerful stubbornness until it's too late, jumping into stuff on 'faith' and sudden shortening of previously-established timeframes) to the various 'Update' topics and the sheningans contains within. I'm a casual follower and even I can see that there are very clear patterns occuring and they're not particularly healthy ways to behave.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »

Is PrivacyProtect.org [who are masking the "Australian" company website] a legitimate website?

Some quick Googling brings up a few folk complaining that domain name squatters/resellers have used the PrivacyProtect service to mask their details, and that PrivacyProtect are apparently rather less than helpful when it comes to enquiries about it. That does seem to be their stock in trade though, so I guess it's to be expected. I also notice that when you type 'privacyprotect' into Google,  the second autocomplete suggestion (after 'privacy protect') is 'privacyprotect.org scam'.

None of that is proof they're not legit, of course, but I can't help but wonder why a reputable company would be using such a service in the first place. Particularly one in the web sector; if they wanted to hide details from a WHOIS I'm sure they could've done so without using a third-party service.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »

I've got a couple jobs I'm going to call on Monday and try to get something set up.  One is a tech support for Cox Communications and one is a sales-rep for Sprint.  The tech support job would be a minor pay cut ($1000/yr), but it would still be fairly easy to transfer to the Cable Company in Phoenix.  I could also transfer from Sprint store to Sprint store.

I think if you called your manager at the gas company and just explained the situation to them, they might understand and offer you the previous job back - I can't imagine they're filled your position yet, and if you explain your reasons for wanting to go for a higher-paying job (particularly with regard to the upcoming marriage and related financial pressures) I don't think anyone would blame you for what you did.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:29 PM »

How long have you worked there? If there's a particular manager or other employee with a bit of clout that you've built up a good rapport with over the years, then I'd start by talking to them Smiley
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

Maybe it's because they only read one book? So they miss obvious hints when presented with any other type of writing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies