I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:40:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 50027 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2010, 09:45:23 PM »

One of my friends just called me and gave an interesting scenario that I had not thought of, and I wanted to pass it by you guys and see what you think.

Susan and I want to move to Arizona in 2012.  This friend told me to go ahead and start looking in Arizona now and if I get a job down there in the place we want to live, then take my fiancee', elope, and get moved down there.  As far as my house is concerned, talk to people at church and rent it out for three or four years so I wouldn't have to sell it and have to pay back the government.  Of course, she said definitely keep looking up here, but don't rule Arizona out right now, either.

I'd focus on one thing at a time for now. Quick reinstatement of stable employment should be goal number one. There are a lot of factors to consider when making a big move, so I think you ought to clear your mind of any Arizona moves for the time being. A move like that can't be a spur-of-the-moment thing ... it takes lots of planning and, most of all, patience.

Plus, Susan strikes me as someone who wants a traditional wedding, especially given all the planning you've done so far. I'd hate to see too many radical shifts in priority too quickly that may damage the relationship.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2010, 10:47:16 PM »

Right. If you start freaking out, she may do the same and your whole relationship may go up in smoke.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2010, 11:01:19 PM »

One of my friends just called me and gave an interesting scenario that I had not thought of, and I wanted to pass it by you guys and see what you think.

Susan and I want to move to Arizona in 2012.  This friend told me to go ahead and start looking in Arizona now and if I get a job down there in the place we want to live, then take my fiancee', elope, and get moved down there.  As far as my house is concerned, talk to people at church and rent it out for three or four years so I wouldn't have to sell it and have to pay back the government.  Of course, she said definitely keep looking up here, but don't rule Arizona out right now, either.

I'd focus on one thing at a time for now. Quick reinstatement of stable employment should be goal number one. There are a lot of factors to consider when making a big move, so I think you ought to clear your mind of any Arizona moves for the time being. A move like that can't be a spur-of-the-moment thing ... it takes lots of planning and, most of all, patience.

Plus, Susan strikes me as someone who wants a traditional wedding, especially given all the planning you've done so far. I'd hate to see too many radical shifts in priority too quickly that may damage the relationship.

Yeah, I won't rush into anything, anymore.  I definitely want to get a job back at ONG, anywhere within the company.  It doesn't matter if it's Customer Accounting where I was at, or the call center, or meter reading, service tech, dispatch.  Wherever, I'm willing.  On the chance they won't hire me back anywhere, I've sent in several applications and have places in mind to visit and to call on Monday and Tuesday.  I'm trying to get in ahead of the game here since I've only got a 6-week window here before my funds really dry up.  This friend also advised to look ANYWHERE (legit that is Smiley ), in an effort for me to buy time.

I'll be alright.  I've got friends helping me out, and thank you Jesse for being one of them.  Thank you to the rest of you for your support.  That does mean a lot. 

I'm not freaking out as bad right now as I was earlier in the day.  I'm just trying to figure out a game plan for this week.  Like I said, I want ONG back and that would be most ideal, but I can't rely on that alone, so I'm being proactive and sending out applications and resumes and am lining up places to visit early in the week.

Like I said earlier, once I find a job, I'm going to kill that e-mail account that the scam was sent to me on.  Career Builder has none other of my e-mails.  Monster has one, but I don't even read their e-mails or updates and they always find my trash can right when I get them.  I'll just have to relocate my Atlas e-mails and notifications somewhere else before I kill the account.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2010, 08:24:53 AM »

Susan and I want to move to Arizona in 2012.  This friend told me to go ahead and start looking in Arizona now and if I get a job down there in the place we want to live, then take my fiancee', elope, and get moved down there.  As far as my house is concerned, talk to people at church and rent it out for three or four years so I wouldn't have to sell it and have to pay back the government.  Of course, she said definitely keep looking up here, but don't rule Arizona out right now, either.

Yeah, I won't rush into anything, anymore.  I definitely want to get a job back at ONG, anywhere within the company.  It doesn't matter if it's Customer Accounting where I was at, or the call center, or meter reading, service tech, dispatch.  Wherever, I'm willing.  On the chance they won't hire me back anywhere, I've sent in several applications and have places in mind to visit and to call on Monday and Tuesday.  I'm trying to get in ahead of the game here since I've only got a 6-week window here before my funds really dry up.  This friend also advised to look ANYWHERE (legit that is Smiley ), in an effort for me to buy time.

I'll be alright.  I've got friends helping me out, and thank you Jesse for being one of them.  Thank you to the rest of you for your support.  That does mean a lot. 

I'm not freaking out as bad right now as I was earlier in the day.  I'm just trying to figure out a game plan for this week.  Like I said, I want ONG back and that would be most ideal, but I can't rely on that alone, so I'm being proactive and sending out applications and resumes and am lining up places to visit early in the week.

Like I said earlier, once I find a job, I'm going to kill that e-mail account that the scam was sent to me on.  Career Builder has none other of my e-mails.  Monster has one, but I don't even read their e-mails or updates and they always find my trash can right when I get them.  I'll just have to relocate my Atlas e-mails and notifications somewhere else before I kill the account.

Just find a job, get married, and keep it at that for now. Dont worry about deleting emails, or anything like that. Your going to get emails like that all the time. If you didnt apply for a position with any company and you get one, just delete it. I just dont understand how this really turned into something that big here.  Just try and get your job back, or find a new job. Stop saying that your going to put this into Gods hands. You got your last job, YOU got that email, YOU decided to quit your last job for this "new" one, YOU learned that it was a scam, and YOU have to find new employment.

Life is difficult, but so easy at the same time. You only get to ride this crazy thing once, so you might as well make it wort it, but just dont jump into things. God isnt there making every desision for you. Its you doing that. Think things out, and enjoy life while you can.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »

Can you move to your parents' basement?  (does he have parents?  Is Oklahoma one of those states without basements?  maybe they live in a trailer?)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2010, 08:32:08 AM »

Is Oklahoma one of those states without basements? 

Tornadoes & whatnot
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »

Tornadoes & whatnot

That's good - so maybe they have a basement.

BUSHOK, do you have parents?  Do they have a basement?  Can you move to that basement?

(don't worry too much about the Brown Recluse, its better than under the Bridge).

By the way if you keep asking us to 'Pray for you' we might take offense..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

Tornadoes & whatnot

That's good - so maybe they have a basement.

BUSHOK, do you have parents?  Do they have a basement?  Can you move to that basement?

(don't worry too much about the Brown Recluse, its better than under the Bridge).

By the way if you keep asking us to 'Pray for you' we might take offense..

They do live in a mobile home, so no basement.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »

Dam. Spare room?  Some of those Mo-Biles are pretty big.  Is it a sixteen by eighty?

Ok, seriously, why is it no one doubts the authenticity of BushOK?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »

Dam. Spare room?  Some of those Mo-Biles are pretty big.  Is it a sixteen by eighty?

Because we know far too much about him and the details gel? You can't make an entire life up; all the sock accounts remain curiously hazy as people no matter how welldeveloped their political views.
nomo's sock MissCatholic excepted... but that's exactly why we all knew who it was.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2010, 10:56:35 AM »

I do.  Nobody can come off as this dense and still be a real person.

"Here's hopin' Jebus finds me a new jorb before the scammers steals my monies!"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »

Every time I've said he's putting us on no one agrees.  But just in case he's real we have to give him the best advice for the scenario we can, especially since HE asks for it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »

I do.  Nobody can come off as this dense and still be a real person.

"Here's hopin' Jebus finds me a new jorb before the scammers steals my monies!"

I think there's unanimous consent that Blubb is the most skilled of the trolls around here, but if Bushie isn't real, he makes Blubb look like a kindergarten troll.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2010, 11:15:19 AM »

BushOK seems to genuine to be a sock/fake person. He even has a facebook that people post on which seems difficult to do if you weren't real unless he maintains hundreds of fake facebook accounts too. He was just incredibly dense through all of this. It's a learning lesson the hard way.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2010, 11:20:05 AM »

BushOK seems to genuine to be a sock/fake person. He even has a facebook that people post on which seems difficult to do if you weren't real unless he maintains hundreds of fake facebook accounts too. He was just incredibly dense through all of this. It's a learning lesson the hard way.

I guess Joe and I are the only two who are having trouble with his genuineness.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2588866#msg2588866
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2010, 11:33:02 AM by Senator Duke »

I'm not saying I am not having trouble with it! I am having a hard time believing someone can be that dense when it comes to something like this, and it seems like BushOK's life has been one hilarious event after the other over the course of the past year or so which seems almost impossible. You HAD to believe something bad would happen before his wedding, whether it was he moved to Arizona prematurely, eloped, etc... but I didn't see this coming.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2588866#msg2588866

Sorry, friend.  Wink  Welcome to the club.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

While I agree that it's tough to see how someone can be this dense and naive about this sort of thing, plenty of people in real life somehow are. As I said earlier, look at all the folks who fall for those Nigerian scams. Even this isn't quite as transparent as that.

There does appear to be a sort of "blind faith" mindset that leads to this sort of thing that I've noticed, I remember reading about one old retiree who was scammed out of life savings by Nigerian scammers and it said the main thing that caused him to actually buy into it was the "God bless you" at the end of the email, he thought "Well God sometimes brings us opportunities like this for a reason", BushOklahoma sort of seemed to think the same way. Considering this is the same type of crowd who donate money to the likes of Benny Hinn it starts to make more sense.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »

Maybe it's because they only read one book? So they miss obvious hints when presented with any other type of writing.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »

Every time I've said he's putting us on no one agrees.  But just in case he's real we have to give him the best advice for the scenario we can, especially since HE asks for it.

But he never bothers to take our advice. He wants everyone to post what a genius he is and how he's doing the right thing....and when that doesn't happen, he posts about how God is leading the way....and that he knows best for himself.

He doesn't want advice. He wants attention.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »

But he never bothers to take our advice. He wants everyone to post what a genius he is and how he's doing the right thing....and when that doesn't happen, he posts about how God is leading the way....and that he knows best for himself.

He doesn't want advice. He wants attention.

Spot on Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »

It's impossible for him to be a fake. The Facebook activity is far too complex to not be real.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »

It's impossible for him to be a fake. The Facebook activity is far too complex to not be real.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything about him is too complex. Parts of his back story may be embellished. That's true of a lot of members though.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »

The conspiracy, should it be the case, would be a blend between reality [his life] and his wild story [which he made special mention to ask us not to mention to any of his Facebook friends].

But his scammer was a rather obscure one, but an actual scammer.  One would almost have to have been propositioned with such a scam offer, and then create a story based around a hypothetical.  And then the conspiracy becomes so deep and complex that it's probably not a conspiracy and just an overactive imagination
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies