Who writes the decision in Joseph Fischer v United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who writes the decision in Joseph Fischer v United States?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Roberts

Thomas

Alito

Sotomayor

Kagan

Gorsuch

Kavanaugh

Barrett

Jackson

Per curiam

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Who writes the decision in Joseph Fischer v United States?  (Read 384 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2024, 06:11:28 PM »

Guess who will write the decision in this case?
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 08:50:58 PM »

Alito, because we live in the worst timeline.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 09:35:37 PM »

I bet Alito writes the decision, creating the worst possible optics. I bet the main dissent will be an extremely long one. Guess who writes the main dissent? I bet you know who my guess is.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 03:30:23 PM »

I haven't paid much attention to that stats this term, but Alito is unlikely. If you look at the overall term and each monthly sitting, Roberts and Gorsuch are each likely sitting on some big cases (particularly the Chief Justice). I'd wager money that Roberts has Trump v. United States. I think it's also likely that Roberts gets two cases from the April sitting, so I'll say Roberts for this is as well. If not, then probably Kavanaugh. However, if Roberts is in dissent on this case, it could be Gorsuch (which would probably be similar to an Alito opinion here).

I think Thomas and Sotomayor are done for the term in terms of opinions for the Court.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 05:11:43 PM »

Apparently, it's Roberts, Gorsuch, and Barrett who haven't written much at all yet?  If so, this leaves the outcomes of some of the biggest cases highly ambiguous.  Roberts could do anything, and Barrett clearly sounded like the "leftmost" conservative justice in the emergency abortion and presidential immunity oral arguments.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 05:39:43 PM »

Apparently, it's Roberts, Gorsuch, and Barrett who haven't written much at all yet?  If so, this leaves the outcomes of some of the biggest cases highly ambiguous.  Roberts could do anything, and Barrett clearly sounded like the "leftmost" conservative justice in the emergency abortion and presidential immunity oral arguments.

Roberts saves the big ones for himself. He's also the one that likes to tell the President "No" when he thinks he overreaches. Looking over the cases, I'm more convinced than ever that Roberts has both cases I mentioned above. I'm also quite sure Roberts has Loper Bright.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 06:26:24 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2024, 07:37:58 PM by Greedo punched first »

Roberts obviously writes Trump. Alito wrote Thornell from the April sitting, which has ten cases. Does someone from the April sitting get two opinions, or will one of them be per curiam? I bet Alito writes a second opinion from that sitting and writes Fischer. I bet the main dissent in Fischer will be an extremely long one written by Sotomayor, which would create the worst possible optics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies