French National Assembly Elections, 06/30-07/07
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:00:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French National Assembly Elections, 06/30-07/07
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Author Topic: French National Assembly Elections, 06/30-07/07  (Read 20335 times)
Logical

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2024, 05:29:49 PM »

They even got the French branch of Eh Bildu to join!
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2024, 05:39:07 PM »

Ciottibros have retaken the party's Twitter account:

Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2024, 05:41:42 PM »

It kind of went unnoticed with the main show over at LR, but Reconquête(!) has also kind of exploded with the conflict between Panzermiss and Zemmour, which had been brewing increasingly publicly during the campaign.

Panzermiss effectively knifed Zemmour by anointing herself as chief negotiator for the party in an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to form an alliance with the RN, going around him and not telling him anything to the point that he later went on tv to say that he needed to 'harass her by text' to get the details of the agreement she wanted to negotiate. In the end, RN pulled the plug, officially because they don't like Zemmour and his attitude. According to this article in a very right-wing magazine, a meeting yesterday was quite violent, with Panzermiss blaming the zemmouristas for the failure of the alliance, to which Zemmour apparently replied 'f off', which she did within 5 minutes.

I haven't followed this drama much, but Panzermiss is followed by (MEPs-elect) Guillaume Peltier (right-wing opportunist who has been in six political parties, from the FN to LR and now REC, since 1996, lost his seat as deputy in 2022), Nicolas Bay (RN dissident) and Laurence Trochu (ex-LR, ultra-social conservative from the 'Mouvement conservateur' faction). On the other hand, Zemmour has Sarah Knafo, his girlfriend and advisor, as well as Stanislas Rigault, the head of the youth wing called 'Generation Z' (he also looks exactly how you'd expect a young zemmourista kid to look like). It seems like Panzermiss and the other career politicians who had followed Zemmour in 2022 now want to make their way back to the RN, which is in no great rush to welcome them back with open arms (Panzergirl is more forgiving towards traitors than Panzerdaddy but still) and will let them sit out in the cold for a while.

Panzermiss was unsuccessful, for the time being, at negotiating her way back into her aunt's good graces, but she has been quite successful at knifing and marginalizing Zemmour, who is at the point where he's a loser begging on right-wing media for right-wing alliances all while having been publicly denounced as the obstacle to one.
Does anyone else call her Panzermiss or is this something you’re trying to make a thing.
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2024, 05:43:26 PM »

Headquarters of LR retaken by loyalist forces:

Annie Genevard open the doors of Les Républicains headquarters with her copy of the keys.

Was that a pro-Ciotti guy calling them "collabos"? Parody is dead.

I definitely hear the same guy saying "Ciotti President!" so yeah, definitely one of his supporters.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2024, 05:50:40 PM »

Does anyone else call her Panzermiss or is this something you’re trying to make a thing.

There is a longstanding list of abusive nicknames for certain French politicians widely used on this forum. All politically active members of the Family Le Pen, for instance, are on occasion referred to as 'Panzer' followed by another word, usually denoting their position in the family at one stage or other. Panzerdaddy, Panzergirl and so on. Respect our unique culture or leave.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2024, 05:58:51 PM »

I wish they'd ditch the "New" bit. It was already kinda gimmicky with NUPES, but it really doesn't belong here. The Popular Front is one and eternal. 1934 or 2024, it is still always just the Popular Front.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2024, 06:01:54 PM »

There is a longstanding list of abusive nicknames for certain French politicians widely used on this forum. All politically active members of the Family Le Pen, for instance, are on occasion referred to as 'Panzer' followed by another word, usually denoting their position in the family at one stage or other. Panzerdaddy, Panzergirl and so on. Respect our unique culture or leave.
I want to assimilate plzzzz what other nicknames do I need to know?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2024, 06:03:23 PM »

I want to assimilate plzzzz what other nicknames do I need to know?

Sarkozy is Poison Dwarf, Hollande is Flamby. Macron is FBM (for Flawless Beautiful Macron). I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

Oh, and Mélenchon is Méluche but that one isn't forum exclusive.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2024, 06:06:49 PM »

Macron is also sometimes President Jupiter.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2024, 06:08:27 PM »

I’m sad that iMac (or E-Mac) never caught on.
rob in cal
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2024, 06:30:15 PM »

Does RN come out poorly with all the infighting?. Seems it’s more the parties on either side of them in disarray not RN itself.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2024, 06:53:56 PM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2024, 07:45:30 PM »

Ciottibros have retaken the party's Twitter account:

People want to sleep but can't since they're watching the LR collapse itself in epic fashion.

This reminds me of how Eurovision also destroyed itself in 48 hours. Also a historic collapse of epic proportions, but with LR they have a competitor for the title: collapse of the year.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2024, 08:23:31 PM »

we were all so confused by Macron calling elections, but these developments show that clearly he inhabits a higher plane of thought that only 1 man on this forum can surpass.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2024, 08:28:34 PM »

2nd part
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2024, 08:32:29 PM »

How do you say "patriots in control" in French?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2024, 08:35:03 PM »

patriotes en charge?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2024, 08:43:25 PM »

we were all so confused by Macron calling elections, but these developments show that clearly he inhabits a higher plane of thought that only 1 man on this forum can surpass.

I'm not sure imploding the French right as painting other competitors of RN as incredible really helps Macron at all.

It sounds more like it's helping Le Pen.

Besides the left has united much quicker than anyone expected and is polling at 28%, 10% higher than Macrons LREM.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2024, 08:44:17 PM »

I'm not sure imploding the French right as painting other competitors of RN as incredible really helps Macron at all.

It sounds more like it's helping Le Pen.

Besides the left has united much quicker than anyone expected and is polling at 28%, 10% higher than Macrons LREM.

Yeah, I was just playing into the jokes
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2024, 08:49:16 PM »

Leftist Alliance: 150-190
Macronistas: 90-130
Ghoulist Alliance: 30-40
Panzersquad: 220-270
Others: 10-20
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2024, 09:04:39 PM »

Also joined Front Populaire

adma
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2024, 09:14:56 PM »

I know that RN shocked everyone by defying the second-round cordon sanitaire last time around; but how much chance is there of that being good only up to a certain point?  Because if the left's up at 28% and within breathing room, it doesn't *necessarily* bode all that well for the kind of stomping RN plurality a lot of these seat projection numbers are forecasting...
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2024, 09:27:38 PM »

I know that RN shocked everyone by defying the second-round cordon sanitaire last time around; but how much chance is there of that being good only up to a certain point?  Because if the left's up at 28% and within breathing room, it doesn't *necessarily* bode all that well for the kind of stomping RN plurality a lot of these seat projection numbers are forecasting...

I think a high number of people from LREM would end up voting RN. And definitely REC/LR. The left basically is united so whatever they get from a second round isn't going to be that much.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2024, 09:28:48 PM »

Yeah, Macron's not gonna look so hot if the former LREM (Renaissance now? Goddammit France stop changing party names every two or three years) ends up in THIRD at the end of this behind RN and the left. It's one thing for the President's party to not win, but for the President's party to be in a distant 3rd would be next level humiliating.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2024, 11:11:29 PM »

That term is retired we all just post this now:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies