Which president was more of an aberration?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which president was more of an aberration?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which president was more of an aberration?
Trump
Biden
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which president was more of an aberration?  (Read 616 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2024, 10:42:47 AM »

I don't think Trump will be viewed as an aberration. While many in the media and pundit class overestimate how much Trump changed the GOP in terms of policy, he certainly shaped the party into a cult of Trump, and even if he loses in 2024 it'll take more than a few election cycles for MAGA to be weeded out of the GOP, if it even gets weeded out at all, and I do agree that Trump was more of a painful symptom of a much larger institutional illness.

As for Biden, he'll be viewed as a pandemic induced fluke if he loses in November, if he does hold on, while he won't be viewed as an aberration, he'll be viewed as the last gasp of a bygone era.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2024, 10:49:06 AM »

Some users like Trump Toupee think they are gonna get a stimulus check as soon as Trump gets into office, no there won't be another stimulus check. They ran up the Debt with the first 2 stimulus checks.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2024, 11:01:00 AM »

Trump obviously. Biden's path to the presidency - longtime party loyalist who serves as VP for someone more popular and charismatic and runs on a campaign of normalcy and experience in response to the opposing party governing over a crisis - is about as generic a path to the White House as it gets. I'm not really sure how the outcome of 2024 would change that. A popular figure becoming president and then becoming unpopular as president is also pretty generic, not even close to what I'd call an aberration.

Trump on the other hand would have one of, if not the, most out of the ordinary story arcs of a US president whether or not he wins in September
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2024, 12:03:42 PM »

Trump obviously. Biden's path to the presidency - longtime party loyalist who serves as VP for someone more popular and charismatic and runs on a campaign of normalcy and experience in response to the opposing party governing over a crisis - is about as generic a path to the White House as it gets. I'm not really sure how the outcome of 2024 would change that. A popular figure becoming president and then becoming unpopular as president is also pretty generic, not even close to what I'd call an aberration.

Trump on the other hand would have one of, if not the, most out of the ordinary story arcs of a US president whether or not he wins in September

I have to admit that winning the election in September would indeed be an aberration. Smiley

(But otherwise, I completely agree.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2024, 12:06:49 PM »

I have to admit that winning the election in September would indeed be an aberration. Smiley

(But otherwise, I completely agree.)

We are gonna win Eday in Sept/Oct that's when all the Early voting and VBM begins and there are way more Ds in this country than Rs, that's why polls in AZ/NV the clincher states don't matter Ds outvoted Rs in those two in Early voting. Trump isn't gonna win NV by the same margin as TX, due to fact Bush W only won NV by 4

Users forget the bulk of the D vote come in Sept and Oct and same day vote the R vote come in NOV
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies