What will be your reaction if you wake up November 7th...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:39:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What will be your reaction if you wake up November 7th...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What will be your reaction if you wake up November 7th...  (Read 685 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2024, 03:38:40 AM »

And Trump has won re-election by a margin like Obama in 2008 or Reagan in 1980?

If for example all swing states go his way, plus say NJ and a few other unexpected ones.

I ask because, look at 2016. All signs, every single poll, all traditional indicators pointed to a Hillary landslide. Yet, here we are.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 03:46:49 AM »

Feel happy and hope that trump will fix the economy and a few other things
But i would probably spend days going though every leftists space possible so i can react and laugh at there reaction to trump winning in 2024, 2016 was funny enough but 2024 will provide endless laughs for centuries if he wins.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 04:14:58 AM »

I will be eating a lot of crow, and I would hope that it kills me.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 06:40:13 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 06:47:55 AM by TodayJunior »

Literally wake up. This isn’t happening under any circumstances. I’ve said it once I’ve said it 1000x. Biden is going to win and win convincingly. Polls are wrong, but they’re headed in his direction (Michigan showing Biden ahead, tied in Nevada, and in PA when the dust settles, due to automatic voter registration, it’s a close but clear Dem advantage there). Also count on Arizona gop screwing it up again on Eday so that’s Biden’s too and thus the election.

You heard it here. You’ll keeep hearing it here. Donnie is done.

Wait til after the conventions.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 06:47:04 AM »

Furious and frightened, but hardly surprised.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 06:55:18 AM »

Lol Trump isn't gonna win you keep talking about these scenarios we just gotta vote
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 06:55:27 AM »

Not surprised; but hoping RFK hit a respectable percentage. It's the economy, stupid; and always will be.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 07:24:11 AM »

Probably hungry because a result like that means the economy got a whole lot worse and I probably wouldn’t have the money to buy food.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 07:26:22 AM »

There are soup kitchens and food stamps for food, but the issue has always been Housing. They tell you to apply for Section 8 and you never get one
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 08:10:02 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 08:21:19 PM by Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin »

Disgusted and disappointed with the American public, but not surprised. My own  long-term prediction is that the Republicans will succeed in murdering the United States Constitution regardless of whether they win this election or not, so very little changes in terms of my personal plans.

Donald Trump's first term ended with hundreds of thousands of dead Americans and the most dangerous attack on our country at least since 9/11. A hypothetical second term seems on track to be much worse. The very tarnished silver lining will be pointing and laughing when those who supported Mr. Trump, or refused to support President Biden, end up getting their faces eaten. (Not that the Republicans will ever admit it - they'll all go to their self-inflicted early graves convinced he was an awesome President. Republicans would rather be dead mass-murderers than admit they were wrong about anything.)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2024, 09:06:05 AM »

I ask because, look at 2016. All signs, every single poll, all traditional indicators pointed to a Hillary landslide. Yet, here we are.

Is this historical revisionism? I mean, yes, we are all expecting Hillary to win, but her polling lead was only 3 points, and a lot of "traditional indicators" pointed to a Republican win. We just all ignored that because we couldn't fathom a Trump win.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2024, 01:46:31 PM »

Is this historical revisionism? I mean, yes, we are all expecting Hillary to win, but her polling lead was only 3 points, and a lot of "traditional indicators" pointed to a Republican win. We just all ignored that because we couldn't fathom a Trump win.
I would also add that a lot of softer indicators like yard signs and polling questions like "who do you think most of your neighbors are going to vote for?" as opposed to "who are you going to vote for?" pointed towards a Trump win, or at least an overperformance.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2024, 02:49:11 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 02:53:42 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

All we need is 275 NV, VA, NH, PA, MI and WI once NV comes in D Trump has to concede that's not a huge mnt to climb for us Ds, or AZ either way it's a loss for Trump and if you travel to NV, AZ and not sit in Forum those are D states and Austin TX is an R state.  I've been traveling CO, AZ, NV and NM they are all D states, Biden-Harris Maricopa and Clark

People sit on the forum all day and look at polls and polls Lie
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2024, 08:15:31 PM »

But i would probably spend days going though every leftists space possible so i can react and laugh at there reaction to trump winning in 2024, 2016 was funny enough but 2024 will provide endless laughs for centuries if he wins.

Will you still be laughing when he kills your constitution?
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2024, 10:30:15 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2024, 10:37:11 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2024, 10:40:56 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Trump isn't gonna fix the economy do you know that 1T dollars is owed by Student loan debt l, the rest is owed by our military Ukraine and Israel funds, and our SSA we still gonna have deficits as far as the eye can see. Because people like me aren't paying their student loans

What about the tax cuts his tax cuts are taking money out of the economy we need to raise taxes on rich, most of the student loan debt takes millionaire taxes out of their paycheck by us anyways because it's an Entitlements like welfare

They said if you make 1M dollars your taxes support people taking out student loans, they need to raise taxes not lower rich people taxes, student loans aren't being prepaid
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2024, 11:09:27 PM »

It's over. I expect the US to transition to a Phillippines style economy with large slums and infinite inequality, and a semi-permanent far right regime. We will hasten our transition to a "post-Constitutionalist" America where the structures that run the government are so warped they are nonfunctional in the way the were originally conceived.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2024, 11:13:40 PM »

Switch my registration to Republican and immediately start a grift to get rich off Trump supporters. I'd also work my way into Republican circles and make secret recordings of the meetings to leak to the media. My goal would be to cause as much chaos and drama in the GOP as possible just for laughs.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2024, 11:17:26 PM »

start over my grad school search only looking outside the US
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2024, 11:54:43 PM »

I'll try to block it out and watch movies all day or something.
Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 11:08:02 AM »

Be pissed and angry that evil idiot won by so much, but not insanely surprised. I'd hope and expect the military and SC to rein him in, but I'd watch the movements of every Democratic national legislator and prepare to book it to Canada if any one of them leaves.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 11:16:02 AM »

Somewhat surprised, honestly.  I think a generic Republican right now would be coasting to a win and Trump has too much baggage.  But if Trump were to have a Reagan-like victory it would be a massive rejection of Biden's leadership and would likely be owed to economic problems.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 12:20:25 PM »

Trump isn't gonna win 40/1 state in 1980/84 and all he wants to do is give tax cuts for the super rich which Jay Rockefeller rejected
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 12:40:12 PM »

I'll probably feel sick in my stomach at the thought of what the future holds
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 01:24:39 PM »

No? What landslide? I remember 538 had Trump leading Ohio, North Carolina and Florida on election eve. I remember thinking "oh no, he just needs to win one state he's polling behind to win". And thats exactly what happened.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies