"The case for showing up to church—even if you don’t believe in God"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 06:10:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "The case for showing up to church—even if you don’t believe in God"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "The case for showing up to church—even if you don’t believe in God"  (Read 1025 times)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2024, 03:40:45 PM »

Have we really gotten to the point to where it’s “Islamaphobic” to point out that islam is entirely antithetical to western values, equality/human rights? Are we still pretending it’s a peaceful religion when most of it’s adherents want gays, Jews, and atheists dead?

Islam is basically in the same spot Christianity was 600 years ago, which makes sense since Islam is 600 years younger.

Most adherents of Islam would want 90-95% of this forum’s posters dead since probably 90-95% of us are either LGBT, Jewish, or atheist. I say that as a bisexual

I am technically none of the above but I’m sure most Abrahamic clergymembers (Jewish, Christian, Muslim, even Bahaí) would functionally consider me to be an atheist despite what I’ve been putting on dating profiles.

When I was a high school senior, I was casually invited to a Sunday morning youth group thingy by a nominally Christian chick who transfered to my high school from a different one to take AP classes. This was for an ethnic Chinese church in suburban Portland. I didn’t want to go through with it mostly because I felt like it’d be wrong if I wasn’t already a believer and I was also scared of growing in directions I wasn’t a fan of, but looking back at everything that’s happened to me since high school I wonder if it would’ve benefitted me a little over the long run to have a little more of my college-era social development take place during senior year of high school? My inner Leipist felt compelled to crosspost that Forum Community reply chain so I’m also sharing this analogue to pikachu’s post in this thread.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies