UEFA Euro 2024, Germany
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 02:59:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  UEFA Euro 2024, Germany
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: UEFA Euro 2024, Germany  (Read 894 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2024, 09:20:29 PM »

What a hideous lopsided bracket, I'm torn between "Italy can actually make the title match" and "Oh wait, Switzerland is actually better than us now". Austria is probably the best team on the bottom half of the bracket.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2024, 04:16:54 AM »

My personal observation from the recent Netherlands vs. Austria game, which had taken place here in Berlin, was that Austrian fans seemed to consist mostly of groups of boisterous men while the Dutch fans were more diverse - smaller groups, more women among them, even some children.

I guess that also kind of explains Tender Branson.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2024, 10:03:26 AM »

My personal observation from the recent Netherlands vs. Austria game, which had taken place here in Berlin, was that Austrian fans seemed to consist mostly of groups of boisterous men while the Dutch fans were more diverse - smaller groups, more women among them, even some children.

I guess that also kind of explains Tender Branson.

National Team supporters vary a lot...the Netherlands used to have a lot of hooligans and organised support from the club teams follow them alongside "normies" who have loads of disposable income and think of this as the same ...now the organised club support don't even bother. So it's a super family friendly laid back vibe. But nowhere near the best fans vocally.

Belgium since 2014 is also ridden with event goers but many take themselves way too seriously and are what French people call "footix" (I guess the German word is ervolgsfans)...hence the whistling yesterday, alongside the same fancy costume attention seekers like "Obelgix"...none of these people were present pre-2014 when we had a sh**t national team and the away stand was almost always proper football followers. If we have a terrible tournament maybe we can rid ourselves of these clowns and go back to having decent support.

Austria is sort of influenced by Eastern Europe so actually has an ultras group (which is female friendly), so is much more vocal and organised as a support, but also I imagine for this Euro has brought a lot of stag do types compared to the family -friendly Dutch.

England is well...England...

buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2024, 04:57:28 PM »

My forecasts of the squads qualified to the 3rd round: Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Netherlands, Turkey, England, Italy
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: Today at 12:06:29 PM »

Italy is just pathetic. Switzerland winning is not really a surprise, but Italy are completely hopeless.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies