Bill Maher says the College Protesters are just as bad as the Charlottesville ones if not worse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:24:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill Maher says the College Protesters are just as bad as the Charlottesville ones if not worse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bill Maher says the College Protesters are just as bad as the Charlottesville ones if not worse  (Read 1045 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2024, 10:23:09 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-pushes-back-claim-people-shouldnt-call-young-anti-israel-protesters-dumb-theyre-ignorant

"I got a question. How come it's okay for the left to hate the Jews?" Maher asked. "Because, obviously, if this was the people at Charlottesville doing this, wouldn't there be a bigger outcry?"

He argued there was no widespread condemnation like there was with the far-right rallies in Charlottesville in 2017.

"If the people in Charlottesville who were chanting ‘Jews won't replace us,’ I mean, that's bad. It's not as bad as ‘Death to.' That's not deplorable?" Maher said.

jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2024, 11:00:58 AM »

Bill Maher is the Richard Dawkins of Comedy.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2024, 11:03:41 AM »

99% of Charlottesville rally attendees were actively chanting nazi slogans.

I don't know a single Pro-Palestinian person who, at least in my presence, has expressed anything like what Maher claims.

What is this crap?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2024, 11:09:14 AM »

I don't know a single Pro-Palestinian person who, at least in my presence, has expressed anything like what Maher claims.

What is this crap?
Maher disguising his Islamophobia as concerns of leftists anti-Semitism
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2024, 11:14:45 AM »

What is this crap?

Trying to paint the massive swaths of pro-Palestinian protestors as antisemite. Corrupt politicians and the media are working overtime to protect the crimes of Israel. The protestors are supposedly the bad guys, while the Israel government are decent people who are hellbent on destructing Gaza and starving the millions of civilians to famine.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 11:19:58 AM »

Bill Maher is a conservative in a lot of his beliefs
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 11:23:24 AM »

What is this crap?

Many of the college protestors were chanting exactly what he claims . Yet you had people like AOC not only both side it like Trump did but actively support those protests
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 11:29:08 AM »

What is this crap?

Many of the college protestors were chanting exactly what he claims . Yet you had people like AOC not only both side it like Trump did but actively support those protests

Would it be possible for a Nazi to exist within a fascist/Nazi space and not hear virulently anti-semitic slogans? No? In that case, it's a pretty fair bet that you can assume every Nazi is anti-semitic.

The same cannot be said for Pro-Palestinian movements and causes, even in the broadest sense. Of course 'Pro-Palestinian' causes are also far more public and popular, which means there are more normies than in your typical gathering of Proud Boys / actual swastika waving nazi's like visited my church a few months ago... But Maher's claim is more than a little out there, it's baseless.

I have probably watched far more unedited footage of these protests than most here, so with all due respect, I'm going to trust my own eyes and ears.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »

What is this crap?

Would it be possible for a Nazi to exist within a fascist/Nazi space and not hear virulently anti-semitic slogans? No? In that case, it's a pretty fair bet that you can assume every Nazi is anti-semitic.

The same cannot be said for Pro-Palestinian movements and causes, even in the broadest sense. Of course 'Pro-Palestinian' causes are also far more public and popular, which means there are more normies than in your typical gathering of Proud Boys / actual swastika waving nazi's like visited my church a few months ago... But Maher's claim is more than a little out there, it's baseless.

I have probably watched far more unedited footage of these protests than most here, so with all due respect, I'm going to trust my own eyes and ears.

They literally chant these slogans loudly as well as "From River to the Sea" and "global intifida" so dont give me this bs.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2024, 11:33:24 AM »

Well, the college protests have clear aims: force colleges to support BDS.
Charlottesville wanted... to scare non whites?

On the lenguage used in the college protest:
Keep the world clean, globalize the intifada, "pigs"...
all are AT MINIMUM dog-whistles
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2024, 12:24:58 PM »

I think we should all agree that protesters who use violence and actively call for others and/or entire groups to harmed are depraved and deserve to be condemned in the strongest possible terms. And that unlawful actions should be properly punished. Regardless of the ideology behind it. Extremism is bad.

I'm not sure all college protesters are extremists though. Some may have legitimate concerns, but chanting anti-semitic stuff crosses a red line.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024, 12:41:53 PM »

What is this crap?

AOC is not a good example of this - she explicitly calls out anti-Semitic extremism. She’s not Omar or Tlaib or Bowman.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2024, 12:49:20 PM »

The way the media swept the murder of Paul Kessler under the rug is rather despicable. That should have been coloring perception of these mobs since moment one.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2024, 12:52:22 PM »

What is this crap?

AOC is not a good example of this - she explicitly calls out anti-Semitic extremism. She’s not Omar or Tlaib or Bowman.

She literally defended the college protestors and strongly came out against any attempt to break up the encampments.

At best what she has done is "there are fine people on both sides"
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2024, 12:57:38 PM »

The way the media swept the murder of Paul Kessler under the rug is rather despicable. That should have been coloring perception of these mobs since moment one.

At around 3:20PM responding deputies and EMS responded to calls and found Kessler on the ground conscious and able to speak.[10] Alnaji stayed at the location until deputies arrived to indicate his involvement and had helped Kessler and called 911 after he fell.[8] Bleeding from the head and mouth, Kessler was transported to the hospital, where he was responsive and conscious to speak with law enforcement at the hospital.[11] He died early the next day, November 6, at the hospital.[12]

That's the most cooperative 'murderous mob' I've ever seen, truly.

The suspect afaik is facing charges for manslaughter, but there's not enough evidence that he pushed Kessler so far from what I gather. Who exactly is 'sweeping it under the rug' Ray? What do you even want?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2024, 12:58:47 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2024, 01:14:26 PM »

It was not hushed up. It was all across my feed when it happened, was reported on by national news and I'm sure was covered for far longer and in more detail on California local news. Stop being dramatic. American media on the whole has been very deferential to the pro Israel side.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2024, 01:19:56 PM »

Who exactly is 'sweeping it under the rug' Ray? What do you even want?

I don't think Ray will be happy until we give Mr. Kessler a federal holiday.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2024, 01:23:49 PM »

I'll be happy when we start treating the group that his murderer came from and is continuing to commit multiple hate crimes daily like the security threat that they are.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2024, 01:27:41 PM »

I'll be happy when we start treating the group that his murderer came from and is continuing to commit multiple hate crimes daily like the security threat that they are.

A bunch of 19 year old upper middle class half Jewish chicks with nose rings holding up signs that hurt your feelings does not a hate crime make.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2024, 01:37:54 PM »

A bunch of 19 year old upper middle class half Jewish chicks with nose rings holding up signs that hurt your feelings does not a hate crime make.

I'm more worried about masked men in Hezbollah T-shirts declaring public accommodations to be Jew-free zones in an enclosed space.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2024, 02:07:07 PM »

What is this crap?

She literally defended the college protestors and strongly came out against any attempt to break up the encampments.

At best what she has done is "there are fine people on both sides"

She spoke up against the leftist ghouls protesting the Nova massacre museum exhibit in New York.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2024, 02:08:42 PM »

It was not hushed up. It was all across my feed when it happened, was reported on by national news and I'm sure was covered for far longer and in more detail on California local news. Stop being dramatic. American media on the whole has been very deferential to the pro Israel side.

This is the first I am even hearing of it so they definitely didn't give it the kind of attention they did to the murder of the Charlottesville counter-protester, for example.

Bill Maher sucks, by the way. He's a complete joke.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2024, 03:15:43 PM »

I don't know whether they are good or bad, but they are annoying Americans to the point they might get Donald Trump re-elected.

Interrupting Seinfeld Show

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8Sg8t8Jrgd/
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2024, 03:40:38 PM »

This dude has fallen off so hard.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: