LA City Council removes "No U-Turn" traffic signs in a gay neighborhood
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA City Council removes "No U-Turn" traffic signs in a gay neighborhood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LA City Council removes "No U-Turn" traffic signs in a gay neighborhood  (Read 818 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2024, 04:50:14 AM »

All the time. I've even done so here, go look at some of my convos with Arizona Iced Tea. But I'm also going to call out my own community when they do stupid, virtue signaling sh-t. This isn't some team sport with straights on one side and LGBT on the other, much as you seem to think it is.
I totally agree with you Horus. In general I don't think the gay community as such has been too bad when it comes to this, but the trans community definitely has and the point is that they are hurting a good cause by focusing on things that most people find completely ridiculous and right wing media is eating this stuff up in their anti-queer propaganda. I honestly think that Biden would be cruising to reelection if it wasn't for all the ultra-woke BS that feeds the right.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2024, 05:03:20 AM »

U-Turn if you want to!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2024, 02:44:50 PM »

I feel like the difference between the modern right and left is when these types of stories come out in the left, you usually have a good number of people calling out the silliness of it from the left.

When the same sort of story comes out on the right it’s all defense, excuses, conspiracies about how it was actually someone else, ect.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2024, 08:30:35 PM »

All the time. I've even done so here, go look at some of my convos with Arizona Iced Tea. But I'm also going to call out my own community when they do stupid, virtue signaling sh-t. This isn't some team sport with straights on one side and LGBT on the other, much as you seem to think it is.
I totally agree with you Horus. In general I don't think the gay community as such has been too bad when it comes to this, but the trans community definitely has and the point is that they are hurting a good cause by focusing on things that most people find completely ridiculous and right wing media is eating this stuff up in their anti-queer propaganda. I honestly think that Biden would be cruising to reelection if it wasn't for all the ultra-woke BS that feeds the right.

It seems like the people who are most focused on this are End Wokeness et al.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2024, 03:50:20 AM »

I feel like the difference between the modern right and left is when these types of stories come out in the left, you usually have a good number of people calling out the silliness of it from the left.

When the same sort of story comes out on the right it’s all defense, excuses, conspiracies about how it was actually someone else, ect.

Indeed. I don't think I've ever heard anyone criticise the silliness of e.g. Donald Trump.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2024, 07:01:34 AM »

I expect support for same-sex marriage and related issues in the US will decrease in the coming years, as it has for transgender rights, if headlines like this keep showing up in people's news feed and the left consistently defends it. At least Maebe A. Girl got to stick it to "homophobia" though.

I saw a local news clip on Twitter of Los Angeles removing a “no u-turn” sign so now I don’t believe people who love each other should be able to marry.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies