Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:14:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Poll
Question: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40% of the vote?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?  (Read 5581 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2024, 05:45:41 PM »

I'm very fascinated to see how the vote shares shake out. Will Bowman be crushed by the AIPAC boot or will he stage a heroic resistance effort to cling on by the skin of his teeth?

Also curious how Bowman bros feel about healing hands Cori and her potential impending electoral explosion. Aside from the AIPAC money do they have comparable anti-Bell claims? Latimer is widely known to be trash and a Cuomo stooge but Bell has far fewer well known skeletons in his closet.

MO-01 doesn’t have quite as big of an obvious anti-Bush base as NY-16 has for Bowman.

If you look at her primary coalition from 2020, I’m actually not so sure that’s true.  Bell is also a much more acceptable candidate for most Democrats than Latimer is.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2024, 05:47:41 PM »

I'm very fascinated to see how the vote shares shake out. Will Bowman be crushed by the AIPAC boot or will he stage a heroic resistance effort to cling on by the skin of his teeth?

Also curious how Bowman bros feel about healing hands Cori and her potential impending electoral explosion. Aside from the AIPAC money do they have comparable anti-Bell claims? Latimer is widely known to be trash and a Cuomo stooge but Bell has far fewer well known skeletons in his closet.

MO-01 doesn’t have quite as big of an obvious anti-Bush base as NY-16 has for Bowman.

St. Louis has 60000 Jews that are very organized plus a large set of moderates and Republicans who usually have worthless votes. Cori has a lot of negative stuff that people dislike and I'm told, ironically by Pakistani Muslims, that her constituent services are trash, especially for family visas.

I hear a lot of conservative Muslims who really hate how Cori talks about certain topics very publically, so she might not even have that vote to oppose the liberal Jewish zionist vote.

We all believe you're dialed into the St. Louis Muslim community.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2024, 06:07:48 PM »

Word on Bowman is that AOC cancelled an appearance at an event, reports of terrible turnout in his core areas, and locals said that many pro-Bowman people even in the Bronx are soured on him now.

Of course Latimer says Bowman will crack 40% but that could just be trying to make sure his voters turnout.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2024, 06:18:27 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2024, 06:30:17 PM by Born to Slay. Forced to Work. »

Latimer Bowman is not AOC, he is very much more of a performative politician who lost connection to his district than trying to get substance done. The whole fire alarm thing is evident of that. If he looses it’ll be a rebuke of that rather than some ideological one.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2024, 06:21:47 PM »

Latimer is not AOC, he is very much more of a performative politician who lost connection to his district than trying to get substance done. The whole fire alarm thing is evident of that. If he looses it’ll be a rebuke of that rather than some ideological one.

I assume you meant Bowman and not Latimer lmao. Both of those fellas are seething at you confusing them Tongue
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2024, 06:29:56 PM »

Latimer is not AOC, he is very much more of a performative politician who lost connection to his district than trying to get substance done. The whole fire alarm thing is evident of that. If he looses it’ll be a rebuke of that rather than some ideological one.

I assume you meant Bowman and not Latimer lmao. Both of those fellas are seething at you confusing them Tongue
Whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
gf20202
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2024, 06:30:15 PM »

Seems bad for Bowman
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2024, 06:38:24 PM »

So far my deep dive into Jewish Twitter is telling me that the turnout is insane and the tracking logistics is even better. This is stuff that would impress the Bernie campaign much less anyone else with standard midwit field efforts.

My 32%-36% prediction is looking better and better.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2024, 06:41:03 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2024, 06:46:55 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Protip: if you want to criticize someone for denying sexual assault, you should make sure your candidate of choice doesn't deny sexual assault. And continues to this day to deny and cape for sexual assault!

Yeah Latimer is a piece of sh**t. News at 11. That's why the goal is to find a non-idiot leftist candidate to primary him in 2026.

The problem with this is that the NYDP won't let it happen. Latimer is ultimately one of their people. The NYDP, as we know from Long Island and Buffalo, is more concerned with taking down its progressive flank than fighting the GOP. It's also hilarious to see Jacobs literally endorse Latimer against an incumbent!

Any sort of primary challenge in 2026 - even from a normal generic Democrat - will see tooth-and-nail resistance from the state party. The party united to pressure Niou not to pull a Joseph Crowley, and that was against a random candidate. You'd be a fool to think they won't go harder for an actual friend of the party machine in power.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2024, 07:07:36 PM »

Can't wait until tomorrow when people will be talking about literally any other House race.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2024, 07:08:13 PM »

Can't wait until tomorrow when people will be talking about literally any other House race.

Yeah we'll have to have a few hundred pages discussing the implications of the margin for Latimer on Cori Bush.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2024, 07:58:19 PM »

Seems bad for Bowman
Jews turn out.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2024, 08:16:58 PM »

Latimer leads the combined EV 60-40.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2024, 08:27:37 PM »

Yeah, from the current state of things this question might be close, but the race sure isn't.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2024, 09:04:40 PM »

For all my complaining about the race, if I wanted to win, I would simply not rip entire towns in my district. Especially if they are ethnic enclaves relevant to my district.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2024, 07:14:03 AM »

The margin stands at 58.4% to 41.6%, or a 17-point gap at the end of the night. Yes, this isn't the end of the count, there will be a small number of late mail, military, and other special votes added to the total in a week or two. However, past precedent tells us that unless those are like 80-20 Latimer, Bowman will still remain above 40%.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2024, 08:07:09 AM »

The margin stands at 58.4% to 41.6%, or a 17-point gap at the end of the night. Yes, this isn't the end of the count, there will be a small number of late mail, military, and other special votes added to the total in a week or two. However, past precedent tells us that unless those are like 80-20 Latimer, Bowman will still remain above 40%.
The NYT says 12% of votes remain, almost entirely within Westchester. Latimer would need to win those votes by 12%/2+1.4%/2. Roughly 7% to 5%. But let's say 8% to 4%. So 2 to 1. Could he get 67% of the votes? Hard to say without knowing the precincts and what type of vote they are but it is totally possible.

From 71% to 81% Latimer increased his margin by almost 10%. Then Bowman came back with a 2.4% over all shift, Latimer -1.2% and Bowman +1.2%.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2024, 10:44:09 AM »

The NYT says 12% of votes remain, almost entirely within Westchester. Latimer would need to win those votes by 12%/2+1.4%/2. Roughly 7% to 5%. But let's say 8% to 4%. So 2 to 1. Could he get 67% of the votes? Hard to say without knowing the precincts and what type of vote they are but it is totally possible.

From 71% to 81% Latimer increased his margin by almost 10%. Then Bowman came back with a 2.4% over all shift, Latimer -1.2% and Bowman +1.2%.

Please don't believe the NYT estimates. Everyone should have learned better from last week in VA-05 at minimum. The estimates are a good generalization in the post-pandemic environment, where just counting by precincts (as was done prior to 2020) doesn't convey the whole narrative. There are multiple types of votes, and how counties treat those votes in enumeration is important and different everywhere. At the end of the day though, their estimates are often victims this process, and of turnout.

NY-03 ended at 169.5K votes and 53.9-46.1 on election night, but the NYT estimates said 93% in. The situation is analogous to now because like then, the County, and City sites say all is in, but there remain officially empty/uncounted precincts in the State tabulation process for the late mail votes. After all was said and done, the count finished at 172.8K votes, or approximately 3.3K more added. That was not 7% of votes remaining, it was a bit under 2%. Which wasn't out of line with past NY counts since they reformed the process prior to 2022. That's just a very good example, but there are plenty more of the estimates failing cause of the diversity of reporting methods.

FTR, if we were to treat NY-03 as directly comparable to NY-16 (you really shouldn't), ignoring that ones was a primary and one was a general with all the differences in voter behavior, you end up with an approximation of 1,452 votes remaining. Even if Latimer won 100% of them, and we know he won't cause late mail will come from the Bronx, he can't hit 60%. There needs to be more, but I suspect there are less since this is a primary.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2024, 10:52:30 AM »

Please don't believe the NYT estimates. Everyone should have learned better from last week in VA-05 at minimum. The estimates are a good generalization in the post-pandemic environment, where just counting by precincts (as was done prior to 2020) doesn't convey the whole narrative. There are multiple types of votes, and how counties treat those votes in enumeration is important and different everywhere. At the end of the day though, their estimates are often victims this process, and of turnout.

NY-03 ended at 169.5K votes and 53.9-46.1 on election night, but the NYT estimates said 93% in. The situation is analogous to now because like then, the County, and City sites say all is in, but there remain officially empty/uncounted precincts in the State tabulation process for the late mail votes. After all was said and done, the count finished at 172.8K votes, or approximately 3.3K more added. That was not 7% of votes remaining, it was a bit under 2%. Which wasn't out of line with past NY counts since they reformed the process prior to 2022. That's just a very good example, but there are plenty more of the estimates failing cause of the diversity of reporting methods.

FTR, if we were to treat NY-03 as directly comparable to NY-16 (you really shouldn't), ignoring that ones was a primary and one was a general with all the differences in voter behavior, you end up with an approximation of 1,452 votes remaining. Even if Latimer won 100% of them, and we know he won't cause late mail will come from the Bronx, he can't hit 60%. There needs to be more, but I suspect there are less since this is a primary.

Well yes we are all just guessing, including the NYT and DecisonDeskHQ, which says 7% remaining.

But a lot of people, including at least one voter in the district, were claiming that the 12% margin before the last 2 drops was the end. So who knows?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2024, 10:54:32 AM »

The far left response to last night will be to double down on the conspiracy theories and bigotry.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2024, 10:58:07 AM »

The far left response to last night will be to double down on the conspiracy theories and bigotry.

Brie is a significant reason Bernie Sanders lost to Joe Biden. While many attacks on her like those of Dr. Jason Johnson were out of line, she was nevertheless a terrible press secretary who only cared about getting a nice post-campaign job.

People should ignore her nonsense.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2024, 12:05:20 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2024, 02:09:57 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

If you look at her primary coalition from 2020, I’m actually not so sure that’s true.  Bell is also a much more acceptable candidate for most Democrats than Latimer is.

Can confirm. I'm not invested in Bush vs. Bell, and whatever anger about Brown dissipated after Nina Turner talked about "evil money". And I looked into her actual views and realized Brown was a normal Democrat.

I just really hate Latimer, because Latimer is not a normal Democrat.
oldtimer
YaBB God
Greece

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2024, 04:53:40 PM »

Look for decades now turnout in New York is so low that a single apartment block can be a chunk of the vote.

If Latimer is winning a block 119-4 and you don't have the equivalent you lose.

They have to find out why turnout is always so low.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #198 on: June 26, 2024, 05:17:56 PM »

[tweet]https://x.com/briebriejoy/status/1805787236471804194?s=46&t=o2RmfeV6yYJk03d3uHYf-g

Bowman supporters must denounce.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #199 on: June 26, 2024, 05:22:32 PM »

If you look at her primary coalition from 2020, I’m actually not so sure that’s true.  Bell is also a much more acceptable candidate for most Democrats than Latimer is.

Can confirm. I'm not invested in Bush vs. Bell, and whatever anger about Brown dissipated after Nina Turner talked about "evil money". And I looked into her actual views and realized Brown was a normal Democrat.

I just really hate Latimer, because Latimer is not a normal Democrat.

We dodged a bullet with Nina Turner. Thank God she lost.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies