Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 01:51:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Poll
Question: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40% of the vote?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?  (Read 5491 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2024, 10:54:27 AM »

Fun to see Latimer racistmaxxing.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2024, 11:59:58 AM »

Really disappointing these are the 2 viable candidates we have in this race. NY Dems really just suck.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2024, 12:02:29 PM »

Fun to see Latimer racistmaxxing.

https://talkofthesound.com/2021/03/16/westchester-ce-latimer-compares-calls-for-andrew-cuomo-resignation-to-mob-that-lynched-emmett-till/#google_vignette

Not sure if this is racist or oportunistic. It´s def disrespecful, tho.
Now, I would like to see or hear the rant.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2024, 12:04:59 PM »

Latimer sucks for many reasons, but that exchange wasn’t racist.  The argument that Latimer was making was that Bowman’s behavior and record are wildly out of step with his constituents views, interests, concerns, etc.  And I think it’s hard to argue that’s not the case tbh.  Latimer is badly out of touch on different issues than Bowman.  Calling this racist would be like saying it’d be anti-Semitic if Bowman said to Latimer “Your constituency is Wall Street, your constituency is corporate America.”  Again, I say this as someone who deeply dislikes both Bowman and Latimer at this point.

Sure. San Francisco is a progressive city and the homophobia accusations don't stick. But let's be real. Nobody else thinks of Ford when they hear Dearborn. Latimer knows damn well what he was trying to do, especially considering he barely received any donations from Dearborn.

If some leftist crank told Fetterman or another pro-Israel politician his constituency was New York City, you'd be upset. And rightfully so! I don't think I need to explain why this is dripping with anti-Semitism the same way Latimer is dripping with anti-Islamism. Same with, say, the way Detroit is used as a dogwhistle. It's just an incredibly disqualifying, bigoted statement.

I think he will. My gut tells me noted racist Latimer will win.

Maybe the quote was a bit islamophobic, but none of those two cities have much of a black population.

Nah. We're not going to use ~islamophobic~ here. That sanitizes what Latimer said.

Latimer's statement was objectively racist and his response proves his character. We need to stop this racist piece of sh*t at all costs.

You know what?  Fair enough, I don’t think racist is the right term, but it is certainly Islamophobic dog whistling.  And at that point why quibble over the semantics, it’s awful either way.  Both these candidates are vile bigots.  Bowman is a bit worse overall imo, but I sincerely hope Latimer gets primaried out in 2026.

Bowman and Latimer are both vile scumbags who I expect nothing but bad things from.
kwabbit

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2024, 12:18:29 PM »

I'm thinking 58-42, so yes. The margin will be slightly bigger than Bowman's ouster of Engel.
GAinDC

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2024, 12:26:29 PM »

Let's hope he loses handily
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2024, 10:13:37 PM »

aight we got this
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2024, 10:20:23 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 07:27:34 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

Is this who Democrats think the opponent is in november?

Jamaal Bowman?

There's for god sake less infighting in the GOP than in the DEM party at this point.

And frankly for all this talk about who is campaigning for whose constituency... Latimer is campaigning for the constituency of Israel, Netanyahu and his government, just check his endorsements basically.

AIPAC
Democratic Majority for Israel
Jewish Democratic Council of America
Pro-Israel America

Are we even talking about representing America's or Israel's interests?

Y'all can die on this hill if this is who you consider your main threat... What happened to the #bluenomatterwhat.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2024, 10:27:12 PM »

aight we got this

If Bowman loses it won’t be because Hillary Clinton endorsed Latimer.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2024, 10:28:46 PM »

aight we got this

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not!

Either way, I don't think endorsements matter much in this race - this is as pure an establishment-vs-left showdown as we'll get.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2024, 10:39:52 PM »

Did he forget that Pelosi, Harris, Feinstein, and Newsom are all establishment Democrats?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2024, 10:42:47 PM »

Did he forget that Pelosi, Harris, Feinstein, and Newsom are all establishment Democrats?

Apparently both this and the Dearborn thing refer to specific Bowman fundraisers. He's playing on the idea that his support is local while Bowman's is from the national left...but yeah, it's also probably a dogwhistle.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2024, 01:08:30 AM »

Netanyahu had foreign election interference for Trump in 2016, and yet that isn't what Democrats yelled foreign interference about and Netanyahu and Hillary are on the same side here.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2024, 09:21:01 AM »

aight we got this

I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not!

Either way, I don't think endorsements matter much in this race - this is as pure an establishment-vs-left showdown as we'll get.

Hillary's in Lawler's district anyway. More a joke about her political instincts than anything else lol
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2024, 09:37:44 AM »

Apparently both this and the Dearborn thing refer to specific Bowman fundraisers. He's playing on the idea that his support is local while Bowman's is from the national left...but yeah, it's also probably a dogwhistle.

I agree, that could be seen either way. Possibly a dog whistle, I'm just unsure whether Latimer deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

That said, he's not an ideal challenger, I would still prefer Bowman to lose. Thankfully I'm not from NY or that district. Otherwise, I'd most likely hold my nose and vote for Latimer.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2024, 09:51:18 AM »

Democrats tend to be a lot more pragmatic in dealing with their problematic candidates. I think Bowman will get blown out. Whether he hits 40, idk. I think Cori Bush and Omar will also lose later in the fall.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2024, 11:33:36 AM »

Dogwhistling San Francisco is the kind of stuck-in-the-80s boomerism we usually see from Trump. Makes sense for a 70-year-old pol from Westchester County.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2024, 11:39:52 AM »

I'm very disappointed with Hillary Clinton. This isn't the same Hillary who volunteered for McGovern in the RGV in 1972, put on a bulletproof vest for healthcare rallies in 1993, or even ran to the left of Obama on domestic policy and called him out for praising Reagan in 2008. Sadly, her endorsement probably means she's seen private polling that shows Bowman is cooked. He certainly has his problems but he's preferable to the centrist Latimer.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2024, 11:52:21 AM »

I'm very disappointed with Hillary Clinton. This isn't the same Hillary who volunteered for McGovern in the RGV in 1972, put on a bulletproof vest for healthcare rallies in 1993, or even ran to the left of Obama on domestic policy and called him out for praising Reagan in 2008. Sadly, her endorsement probably means she's seen private polling that shows Bowman is cooked. He certainly has his problems but he's preferable to the centrist Latimer.

This is the same Hillary she's been since at least 1994.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2024, 12:24:22 PM »

Latimer and Bowman can debate and attack each other in domestic policy.
But, Latimer is not Sinema and he will likely support nearly all domestic policy that a Dem House could pass. Bowman could sometimes go marevick on the left when his vote isn´t necessary, but he otherwise he will vote in a similar way. They could propose different things, but they can´t magically change which democrats end up in their comittees.
The main difference between the two is on foreign policy.
If Latimer and other anti-Squad primary candidates win, the democrats will be seen as a more Israel friendly party and a less Palestine friendly party.
If Bowman and other Squad primary candidates win, the democrats will be seen as a more Palestine friendly party and a less Israel friendly party.

darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2024, 01:17:03 PM »

"Never primary incumbents."
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2024, 01:22:16 PM »

"Never primary incumbents."

I don't think it's hypocrisy to oppose something at the start, have it become common practice despite your opposition, and then go "Okay, I guess that's what we're doing now".
SInNYC

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2024, 01:26:55 PM »

aight we got this

Surprise of the century! /s

She also had a very strong endorsement of Engel when Bowman beat him (not just a generic vote incumbent  message). I know since I was in the district then, and I had messages from her voice on my phone.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »

Democrats tend to be a lot more pragmatic in dealing with their problematic candidates. I think Bowman will get blown out. Whether he hits 40, idk. I think Cori Bush and Omar will also lose later in the fall.

I agree on Bush, but I think Omar survives, because Don Samuels just isn't a good candidate.

That being said, the GOP does have a track record at getting rid of some of their worst candidates, as we've seen with Cawthorn and King in the past. Meanwhile Bob Good is likely on the way out, Spartz was only saved by a clown car, and Boebert likely will have one to thank as well, and it's not looking good for Dave Williams next door despite Trump's endorsement.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2024, 02:02:05 PM »

Honestly unsure, but I'd say yes. Definitely hope Bowman loses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies