Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:28:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Poll
Question: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40% of the vote?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Does Jamaal Bowman crack 40%?  (Read 5267 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2024, 08:03:51 AM »

Every third ad on YouTube in my area is a  Latimer or  Bowman ad which is around 3 to 1.  At this stage by 7th grade son has seen so many ads from both he knows more about these two folks than Trump and Biden.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2024, 01:05:26 PM »

Unless we re-elect the antisemitic moron who doesn’t understand fire alarms over the normal center-left non-racist Democrat, American democracy is OVER. 😭

What a desperate, pathetic campaign.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2024, 01:29:36 PM »

Unless we re-elect the antisemitic moron who doesn’t understand fire alarms over the normal center-left non-racist Democrat, American democracy is OVER. 😭

Bernie never met a dead-ender antisemite he wouldn't endorse to the bitter end and beyond.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2024, 01:40:44 PM »

Bernie Sanders  happens to be a Jewish man who is not even a traditional lefty on the Israel/Palestine conflict. He is right about the glowing influence of AIPAC in this race and it's concerning a centrist who has been known to be right leaning is prevailing over a progressive. Bowman may not be the brightest blub but I would trust his credentials on most issues over Latimer.
SInNYC

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2024, 01:48:59 PM »

I have no dog in this fight, but I'm in the NYC TV market for most of next week. I just arrived earlier this afternoon, and I have been absolutely bombarded with pro-Latimer/Anti-Bowman ads in a very short time.

I live in a neighboring district and we have been bombarded with [TV, radio, online] ads the last month. Most of the ads are by UPC (AIPAC) talking about how Latimer is a true progressive unlike anti-Biden Bowman or a pro-crypto PAC talking about not much of anything but saying how horrible Bowman is in a creepy horror-movie voice. The ads dont even mention the middle east or cryptocash respectively, so they only make me turn against their endorsee, though I dont know how others react.

I'm at the point where I want to vote against anybody that sends me a flyer endorsing that candidate and Latimer.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »

Yes, isn’t the story of PA-12 that Summer Lee only got 60% when AIPAC chose NOT to seriously contest the race? Lee was also a much better match for her district than Bowman is.

Yea, if Bowman gets blown out by as much as I suspect he will, I wonder if it will prompt the groups to go all in on Don Samuels in Minnesota.

From your lips to God’s ears. Not impressed when Omar swanned into her daughter’s campus to call 19-year-old Jewish students “pro-genocide” and pose with that student who brags about fighting his Zionist classmates to kill.

Be careful what you wish for; as horrible as Omar is, Samuels is far worse
He'd be as good as gone in 2026 though. He's already 75, could just be running to add a single term to his legacy and might stand down regardless.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2024, 10:59:39 PM »

I hope Bowman wins, Latimer is a conservative AIPAC bigot.
GAinDC

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2024, 06:27:36 AM »

Ruh roh:

Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2024, 07:56:09 AM »

Ruh roh:

This is what happens when your entire campaign seems to be based around being an implacable enemy to a local community.
Duke of York

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2024, 08:41:32 AM »

Ruh roh:

not a good sign for Bowman.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2024, 08:49:16 AM »

Ruh roh:

not a good sign for Bowman.

He'll probably lose anyways.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2024, 03:46:32 PM »

This is the kind of thing a candidate says before they lose in a landslide
GAinDC

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2024, 04:49:34 PM »

The guy just seems angry and worked up all the time. That may be an asset on the campaign trail, but it’s made him a lousy legislator.

He can’t talk about his accomplishments because he has none. His whole pitch is, “save me from all the Jew money,” which is gross and uninspiring.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2024, 07:48:39 PM »

I don’t see why not.

Look at how over in VA-05, John McGuire, another primary challenger with all the institutional advantages, is limping to the finish line. It’s still insanely difficult to get rid of an incumbent congressman in a primary.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2024, 08:19:14 PM »

I don’t see why not.

Look at how over in VA-05, John McGuire, another primary challenger with all the institutional advantages, is limping to the finish line. It’s still insanely difficult to get rid of an incumbent congressman in a primary.

The only real primary blowouts we saw in recent years have been the Trump impeachers, and even then only two of them lost decisively (Cheney and Rice).
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2024, 08:28:54 PM »

I don’t see why not.

The only real primary blowouts we saw in recent years have been the Trump impeachers, and even then only two of them lost decisively (Cheney and Rice).

It was an incumbent-vs-incumbent battle, but Newman vs. Casten has some parallels to this race as well.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2024, 09:04:55 PM »

I don’t see why not.

The GOP weren't able to beat an incumbent who un-retired at the last minute, and it looks like they're going to fail to beat a carpetbagging scandal-ridden congresswoman who nearly lost a Likely R seat two years ago.

Meanwhile, Democrats couldn't beat the son of an indicted and disgraced senator, and a non-black guy who sneaked his way into a heavy black VRA district may survive because his top opponent botched the signature collecting process.

Candidates with some of the most obvious profiles of getting primaried out just aren't this cycle.

Outside of Bowman and Good, there's only one more incumbent seen as likely to lose a primary after this, Cori Bush, and with our luck that's the only one we're going to get.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2024, 06:41:29 AM »

and a non-black guy who sneaked his way into a heavy black VRA district may survive because his top opponent botched the signature collecting process.

Which race is this?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2024, 10:29:23 AM »

and a non-black guy who sneaked his way into a heavy black VRA district may survive because his top opponent botched the signature collecting process.

Which race is this?

MI-13 (Thanedar)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2024, 06:42:38 PM »

Bowmaans district is way more white than the South Bronx but this seems about as white as Trump's rally lol.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2024, 07:18:44 PM »

Bernie never met a dead-ender antisemite he wouldn't endorse to the bitter end and beyond.

Bernie has a very legitimate struggle in that the combination of committed leftist and person who has political talent is super rare. Because successful and capable people are more likely to work for the system because the system works for them. That's just human nature.

Latimer is not a good candidate. I wouldn't support him in a vacuum. Of course Bowman is an idiot. Just like my Rep Cori Bush.

Bernie and Sandy are two rare leftists who are both committed, smart, and capable of nuance/compromise. Very hard to find people like that sadly. The Left in general is full of kooks and weirdos because those people tend to crowd around anything non-mainstream. There's lots of leftists who are great except for one really specific thing they are ridiculous about but sadly that doesn't cut it.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2024, 08:38:30 PM »

Bernie has a very legitimate struggle in that the combination of committed leftist and person who has political talent is super rare. Because successful and capable people are more likely to work for the system because the system works for them. That's just human nature.

Latimer is not a good candidate. I wouldn't support him in a vacuum. Of course Bowman is an idiot. Just like my Rep Cori Bush.

Bernie and Sandy are two rare leftists who are both committed, smart, and capable of nuance/compromise. Very hard to find people like that sadly. The Left in general is full of kooks and weirdos because those people tend to crowd around anything non-mainstream. There's lots of leftists who are great except for one really specific thing they are ridiculous about but sadly that doesn't cut it.

Bernie and Sandy?

And yea your point is sadly valid. The kind of person who is okay hitting their head against the wall (which is what being a leftist in politics is like) for years is usually not the most… capable.

I worked in government for four months and just that time made me deeply cynical and wanted to pull my hair out…
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2024, 08:45:58 PM »

Bernie and Sandy?

And yea your point is sadly valid. The kind of person who is okay hitting their head against the wall (which is what being a leftist in politics is like) for years is usually not the most… capable.

I worked in government for four months and just that time made me deeply cynical and wanted to pull my hair out…

Bernard Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2024, 03:40:24 AM »

It's kind of bizarre to say this when he'll need the vote of "their people" in the general election. This would make more sense if this was already the general election and he was talking about republican voters who'd never vote for him anyway.

Honestly this whole thing is a good argument against racial gerrymandering clause of the voting rights act. Encouraging tribal voting leads to divisiveness and corruption.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2024, 06:54:03 AM »

It's kind of bizarre to say this when he'll need the vote of "their people" in the general election. This would make more sense if this was already the general election and he was talking about republican voters who'd never vote for him anyway.

Honestly this whole thing is a good argument against racial gerrymandering clause of the voting rights act. Encouraging tribal voting leads to divisiveness and corruption.

It's getting worse and worse - he's pretty openly campaigning against Westchester's Jewish community now. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up getting expelled from Congress during his six months as a lame duck.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies