George H W Bush Confesses to Audience in Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:03:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  George H W Bush Confesses to Audience in Speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: George H W Bush Confesses to Audience in Speech  (Read 464 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2024, 03:22:52 PM »

Hank Johnson-My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize

For every Hank Johnson, you could easily post 200 stupid comments from Republicans.

Sorry, but no.  That a practicing attorney (which Hank Johnson is) could believe that Guam would tip over if enough people populated it has earned him justified ridicule.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2024, 07:02:31 PM »

Hank Johnson-My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize

For every Hank Johnson, you could easily post 200 stupid comments from Republicans.

Sorry, but no.  That a practicing attorney (which Hank Johnson is) could believe that Guam would tip over if enough people populated it has earned him justified ridicule.

Dan Quayle was also a practicing attorney.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2024, 12:07:50 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2024, 12:13:51 AM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

This is Alan Keyes in his Illinois U.S Senate debate with Barack Obama
Keyes "I have over here two females, I didn't talk about adoption, those two females are intent on, quote, 'having a child', which they can not have obviously unless you involve a male. The procedures that are used now by many lesbian couples are procedures that mask the identity of the fathers so that they will not be known. So, it will not and can not be known who is the father of their child. Once you have made that effort you have produced a child who can not know who its father is. Now, if you don't know and have no way of ascertaining who your father is, then you have can not know who your sisters and brothers are either. And if you can't know who your sisters and brothers are, then there is no way of avoiding sexual relations with them. Logically speaking..."

Crew on set of debate break out laughing.

Obama "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..."

Keyes "I know that (State) Senator Obama sometimes has a hard time getting from A to B. But, A to B is a simple logical step which I believe most people in the state of Illinois have the common sense to see. In order to make an informed judgement you must have the knowledge needed to avoid the consequence and in that particular case the knowledge is not available."

As Obama then pointed out, that would be true of most adoptions and of any infertile couple that used a sperm donor.

The broader point of course, is that you can argue to ban virtually anything if you're going to worry about extremely remote possibilities.

When Alan Keyes first ran for President in 1996, this was the first time I fully appreciated that being articulate did not mean that the person couldn't still be either a moron or a loon.

And now we have Alberta Premier Danielle Smith. I wonder if she could be the incestuous child of Alan Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies