TX (UT Texas/YouGov): Cruz +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:24:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections
  2024 Senate & House Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX (UT Texas/YouGov): Cruz +11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX (UT Texas/YouGov): Cruz +11  (Read 289 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2024, 09:04:23 AM »
« edited: June 20, 2024, 09:15:13 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Cruz - 45%
Allred - 34%

Meanwhile, Biden is only down by 7, 46-39%.

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/blog/most-gop-voters-say-former-president-didn%E2%80%99t-get-fair-trial-new-york-trump-maintains-46-39-lead
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 09:09:26 AM »

(poll conducted by YouGov)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 09:11:07 AM »

Yeah, this isn't flipping. The burden is now on Democrats to hold both Ohio and Montana, as well as all of their swing-state seats.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 09:16:59 AM »

Yeah, this isn't flipping. The burden is now on Democrats to hold both Ohio and Montana, as well as all of their swing-state seats.

It was always a longshot. MT and OH are the most worrisome, obviously. Meanwhile, I believe Dems have a good shot at holding AZ while Dems are favored in PA, WI and MI as well. I don't even consider PA competitive. Neither is Kaine in danger.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 09:31:08 AM »

Likely R, as expected. Democrats shouldn't waste a ton of resources on the Senate race, but investing in some of the closer house districts to at least bring the margins down to potentially flip Cornyn's seat in 2026 would be wise, especially if it's a Trump midterm. I don't think Texas will flip in a Presidential election year for at least another cycle or two.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 09:32:16 AM »

It was always a longshot. MT and OH are the most worrisome, obviously. Meanwhile, I believe Dems have a good shot at holding AZ while Dems are favored in PA, WI and MI as well. I don't even consider PA competitive. Neither is Kaine in danger.

Ds are putting their baskets in FL
Proud Independent
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 09:33:44 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2024, 09:41:08 AM by Proud Independent »

I'm really not shocked. Besides being African American and not being Ted Cruz, what does Allred offer? He seems like a less charismatic Beto. It also doesn't help his case that he's running with Biden on the ticket who has pretty much been a disaster on immigration/ the border. And is just only doing something, clearly because we're rapidly approaching the election so he's just trying to soften the blow regarding his approval rating of handling the aforementioned issues.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 09:41:13 AM »

Likely R, as expected. Democrats shouldn't waste a ton of resources on the Senate race, but investing in some of the closer house districts to at least bring the margins down to potentially flip Cornyn's seat in 2026 would be wise, especially if it's a Trump midterm. I don't think Texas will flip in a Presidential election year for at least another cycle or two.

2028 after a second Trump term would be very much a real possibility, and I’d frankly be almost surprised if it didn’t (provided Democrats actually competed).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2024, 05:44:45 PM »

That was always the path of least resistance. I would prefer any resources being considered for Florida and Texas go to Montana and Ohio instead.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 05:53:16 PM »

That was always the path of least resistance. I would prefer any resources being considered for Florida and Texas go to Montana and Ohio instead.

For a while I thought Texas would be easier for Democrats than Montana, but I think I underestimated the value of incumbency. I mean, it's the reason Senate Democrats are running 5-10 points ahead of Biden.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 05:55:55 PM »

For a while I thought Texas would be easier for Democrats than Montana, but I think I underestimated the value of incumbency. I mean, it's the reason Senate Democrats are running 5-10 points ahead of Biden.
Incumbency is quite powerful, yes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 10:54:13 PM »

We are contesting FL S still
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2024, 07:33:44 AM »

Not surprising when you look at the job approval numbers for Cruz. The only constituency he’s unpopular with is atlas Dems.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies