What is the best part of New Jersey?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:40:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is the best part of New Jersey?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the best part of New Jersey?  (Read 304 times)
holtridge
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2024, 06:38:23 PM »

Is it Piscataway, Tom's River, Hackensack, Atlantic City, or maybe Newark?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 10:40:29 AM »

I personally like Hoboken the best.

If that's too urban for you, Ridgewood is maybe the most perfect example of a cute suburb.
holtridge
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 06:20:13 PM »

If that's too urban for you, Ridgewood is maybe the most perfect example of a cute suburb.
Piscataway seems nice. It seems like a quaint little Bolivian village.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 06:26:09 PM »

There is a sign on the border saying:

"You Are Now Leaving NEW JERSEY"

Popular sign.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 06:27:46 PM »

Never been there, honestly.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024, 07:24:44 PM »

The shore is a bit of a joke, but I spent two weeks in Point Pleasant the summer I was 13 going on 14 and it was a beautiful and formative time in my life. That experience was enough that Jersey is still near the top of the list of states I'd live in if I had to pick one, and I don't want to die without ever trudging around in the snow in the Pine Barrens, even if there's no interior decorators to be found.
holtridge
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2024, 07:32:17 PM »

The shore is a bit of a joke, but I spent two weeks in Point Pleasant the summer I was 13 going on 14 and it was a beautiful and formative time in my life. That experience was enough that Jersey is still near the top of the list of states I'd live in if I had to pick one, and I don't want to die without ever trudging around in the snow in the Pine Barrens, even if there's no interior decorators to be found.
I bet the beaches up there are cold most of the year. That water will probably freeze you to death.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 10:23:34 PM »

I have a really good friend from Asbury Park, so I want to put in a good word for it, but I've never been there personally. I also think Paterson is a really cool city, although like a lot of Jersey, it has... selective appeal.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024, 10:29:06 PM »

Hoboken
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2024, 10:40:00 PM »

I have a really good friend from Asbury Park, so I want to put in a good word for it, but I've never been there personally. I also think Paterson is a really cool city, although like a lot of Jersey, it has... selective appeal.

Paterson gets a bad wrap, but it really isn't so bad.

Asbury Park used to be a punchline, and now it's like a hipster paradise, in both good ways and bad.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2024, 10:17:13 AM »

The beach towns in Cape May County (along with a couple random ones in Southern Atlantic County).  Many of those are actually quite nice and well removed from the "Jersey Shore TV Show" feel of the beaches further north.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024, 11:07:55 AM »

The NJ turnpike.

And I got a tanned left arm to prove it, from all the college-age journeys I've done from DC to Brooklyn.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2024, 03:48:15 PM »

Hoboken and Jersey City are the best cities to move to if you're a young, single professional.

If you're trying to raise a family, you can't go wrong with Bergen County.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2024, 04:38:29 PM »

The stretch of land between NOVA and NYC is the most desolate, uninhabitable place in the United States. Outside of Philly, DC, and Baltimore, it's a detestable cesspool of cheap plastic white fences, hideous condo complexes, retirement communities for neocons, waterfront docks that serve blue plate specials, dumb suburban wine moms driving Cadillac Escalades, government contractors, vacant parking lots, loathsome mcmansions made of particle board, tacky run-down strip malls, and office parks populated by gremlins who work in insurance or consulting. Everyone in this region is either a hollow corporate stooge or a high school dropout living in his auntie's house and eating funyuns. The land is waterlogged, the foliage is dense yet oddly unpleasant, and a thick layer of pollen residue covers everything. When I think of the Philly suburbs in NJ or the Baltimore suburbs in MD, I just picture a rusted 1996 Mustang covered in leaves sitting next to a chain-link fence and an old tricycle, owned by a guy named Stuart with a mullet who attends high school parties despite being 27. It's either that or the most boring buttoned-down straight-laced tie-wearing balding suburban dickweeds ever to slither out of a cul-de-sac.

I hate New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland so much it's unreal. F**k these states, f**k the East Coast, and in fact, f**k everything east of the Rockies besides New England and Appalachia. And especially f**k Glen Burnie. You are not real humans and I will not recognize you as such.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2024, 05:38:54 PM »

The stretch of land between NOVA and NYC is the most desolate, uninhabitable place in the United States. Outside of Philly, DC, and Baltimore, it's a detestable cesspool of cheap plastic white fences, hideous condo complexes, retirement communities for neocons, waterfront docks that serve blue plate specials, dumb suburban wine moms driving Cadillac Escalades, government contractors, vacant parking lots, loathsome mcmansions made of particle board, tacky run-down strip malls, and office parks populated by gremlins who work in insurance or consulting. Everyone in this region is either a hollow corporate stooge or a high school dropout living in his auntie's house and eating funyuns. The land is waterlogged, the foliage is dense yet oddly unpleasant, and a thick layer of pollen residue covers everything. When I think of the Philly suburbs in NJ or the Baltimore suburbs in MD, I just picture a rusted 1996 Mustang covered in leaves sitting next to a chain-link fence and an old tricycle, owned by a guy named Stuart with a mullet who attends high school parties despite being 27. It's either that or the most boring buttoned-down straight-laced tie-wearing balding suburban dickweeds ever to slither out of a cul-de-sac.

I hate New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland so much it's unreal. F**k these states, f**k the East Coast, and in fact, f**k everything east of the Rockies besides New England and Appalachia. And especially f**k Glen Burnie. You are not real humans and I will not recognize you as such.

Jeez, tell us how you really feel.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2024, 06:11:56 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2024, 06:19:14 PM by wnwnwn »

I searched Piscataway in GoogleMaps and it looked everything but bolivian. One part seems a high density cute suburb, maybe that part has a townie feel.

In December 1988, a drunk Dukakis was talking with some friends about the results he got in the election. One of them asked about Maryland, New Jersey and Delawere. Then...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2024, 08:36:16 AM »

You people wear Hawaiian shirts and flip flops to work. West Coast opinions are invalid.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2024, 02:57:42 PM »

N/A
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2024, 02:58:27 PM »

No, NYC rules, f**k California
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2024, 03:53:50 PM »

You people wear Hawaiian shirts and flip flops to work. West Coast opinions are invalid.

No self-respecting Appalachia resident would defend East Coast business culture. Return to your moonshining and stop shamelessly doing the bidding of suburbanite goblins who look down on you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies