DeSantis gutted Climate Policy. How's that going Florida?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:34:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DeSantis gutted Climate Policy. How's that going Florida?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DeSantis gutted Climate Policy. How's that going Florida?  (Read 926 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2024, 01:55:43 PM »

But that says nothing about the margins. Bush "won" Florida by hundreds of votes. The type of Republican that used to win in Florida locally was not considered extreme either, this started with Rick Scott and now the whole party is MAGA crazy. During the Obama years the Florida GOP was in shambles and re-organized their GOTV operation, their voters are essentially maxed out meaning that Democrats can compete here very easily but haven't cracked the code to get a reliable get out the vote operation with their coalition of voters.
It doesn't matter that they weren't "extreme". They were/are still Republicans; that's the point. Florida is a Republican-leaning state, and the Obama years were largely a mirage.
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2024, 04:27:06 PM »

Well if there’s one thing DeSantis is known for, it’s his gut.

Not a fat man. Govrenor Ron Desantis quiet clearly has a good physique. Not much flabbyness and good musle tone.

Take a gander but look cloesly. Theres a strong seperation in his fourarm which is indicitive of strong muscle tone.

This is better picture showing where the line that i am talking about is located near. Out of shape people dont have that line seperation which he clearly has.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2024, 06:19:02 PM »

Not a fat man. Govrenor Ron Desantis quiet clearly has a good physique. Not much flabbyness and good musle tone.

Take a gander but look cloesly. Theres a strong seperation in his fourarm which is indicitive of strong muscle tone.

This is better picture showing where the line that i am talking about is located near. Out of shape people dont have that line seperation which he clearly has.

This is a weird post, but of all the things DeSuckass gets disparaged for, I personally always put his physique as the lowest in emphasis. I don't personally find him that fat, or anything. He sucks horribly for just about every other reason.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2024, 08:40:48 PM »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2024, 04:42:16 AM »

Florida Republicans: We might be drowning but at least we owned the libs.
In fairness, I guess it is their children and grandchildren who will be drowning and we know that republicans don't care about the next generations.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2024, 05:47:14 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2024, 08:47:45 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Just to be clear.

Florida's weather is not caused by the politics of Florida.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2024, 09:31:58 AM »

I've seen men with muscular forearms but a big belly. Forearms are not indicative of overall health by themselves lol
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2024, 12:46:02 PM »

Just to clear.

I’ll riff off this and say that even if Florida’s politicians embraced the Green New Deal and declared a climate crisis, big chunks of the state would still be doomed by flooding, heat, and an insurance crisis cascading into a housing crisis because of the global scale of emissions and the inability to mitigate in cities built on porous limestone.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2024, 01:05:21 PM »

Just to clear.

The effects of Florida's weather needs to be mitigated with good policy.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2024, 03:51:44 PM »

If Florida voted for politicians who took climate change seriously, then the national politics of climate change would look very different. And if that happened, the global politics of climate change would also look very different.
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2024, 10:30:40 PM »

I've seen men with muscular forearms but a big belly. Forearms are not indicative of overall health by themselves lol

Govrenor Ron DeSandis served with Navy SEALs. He underwent rigerus physical training to be the man he became now. God bless our boys in green. So strong. So underapreshiated.

Circling back to the “theory” of global warming. Its a theory. Equivalent to a hypothisis. Then tell me what difference his policies would make to prevent that which is only a theory? None. 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2024, 10:40:03 PM »

Govrenor Ron DeSandis served with Navy SEALs. He underwent rigerus physical training to be the man he became now. God bless our boys in green. So strong. So underapreshiated.

Circling back to the “theory” of global warming. Its a theory. Equivalent to a hypothisis. Then tell me what difference his policies would make to prevent that which is only a theory? None. 

There's no way this isn't a troll. Come on.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2024, 10:45:50 PM »

DeSantis should jump off a cliff to test the theory of Gravity.
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2024, 10:50:44 PM »

Learn some manners people
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2024, 11:29:39 PM »

You go and learn how science works and we'll brush up on our etiquette.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2024, 12:05:46 PM »

Sure -- he was probably muscular back then -- but he's let himself go lol
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies