Alben Barkley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:31:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Alben Barkley
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alben Barkley  (Read 607 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2024, 12:47:37 AM »

What is with Alben lately?  Every post is just a snarky/sarcastic diatribe.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 12:50:02 AM »

People are stressed these days.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 04:10:03 AM »

Let me put it this way: In my country’s politics I’ve got a right-wing that is going full mask-off Christian nationalism/theocracy/fascism and seems bound to win at this point, a left-wing that is epitomized by the phrase “Queers for Palestine,” and a “center” that seems to think Weekend at Bernie’s was an instruction manual for how to run a presidential campaign.

I just got married, I’ve been trying to improve my life and build a future for myself and my family. And unfortunately all this just makes it hard not to feel down about the future and miserable. I took a break from this forum and following politics in general closely for several months and it did wonders for my health. But then I feel like just ignoring it all is to stick my head in the sand.

I guess all I can do is just focus on what I can control and hope for the best. But these seem to be dark and uncertain times, not even just in the US so there’s no escape really. At least I’m no longer alone. Though I am in the doghouse right now as my wife got pissed after I woke her up with my phone light in bed so…
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 04:28:22 AM »

Which totally understandable. The Western world is in dissarray, and that's deeply unsatisfying. Even though that's mostly our own chosing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 08:33:32 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2024, 08:37:38 AM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

If you work the polls as I do, you don't critique an inc Prez or it's party until the votes are casted.  Biden isn't dropping out and he deserves the right the stay in because he was the only one to defeat Trump in 20

Also, if you work the polls you believe votes not polls, because now the absentee ballots go 2/1 to Ds not Rs due to Provisions ballots and Early voting, that's why his R nut map was wrong in 22

But, this just shows we should never coronate a Nominee again and have a real primary in 28, we should be wise to Nominate Newsom not Harris because of the female problem with Prez

But, if users think Biden is dropping out will be disappointed
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 08:40:48 AM »

Let me put it this way: In my country’s politics I’ve got a right-wing that is going full mask-off Christian nationalism/theocracy/fascism and seems bound to win at this point, a left-wing that is epitomized by the phrase “Queers for Palestine,” and a “center” that seems to think Weekend at Bernie’s was an instruction manual for how to run a presidential campaign.

I just got married, I’ve been trying to improve my life and build a future for myself and my family. And unfortunately all this just makes it hard not to feel down about the future and miserable. I took a break from this forum and following politics in general closely for several months and it did wonders for my health. But then I feel like just ignoring it all is to stick my head in the sand.

I guess all I can do is just focus on what I can control and hope for the best. But these seem to be dark and uncertain times, not even just in the US so there’s no escape really. At least I’m no longer alone. Though I am in the doghouse right now as my wife got pissed after I woke her up with my phone light in bed so…

Come over to the dark side. It's far more enjoyable.

You too could own a lib.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2024, 01:44:00 PM »

They’re someone desperate to become a Trumpist but have problem admitting it because of shame. The way they seemed gleeful in destroying Biden because of his age was disgusting. It would be much better for their health if they began being more honest with others and with themselves.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2024, 02:29:44 PM »

It's not true what people say about him.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 10:05:44 AM »

We have seen this many times before from him and SL Doomerism it's annoying
Freshly-touched grass
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2024, 10:10:41 AM »

Come over to the dark side. It's far more enjoyable.

You too could own a lib.

Five days.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 10:13:07 AM »

What's wrong with Queers for Palestine? That is your problem.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 11:19:22 AM »

What's wrong with Queers for Palestine? That is your problem.
It’s the whole Bill Maher “Palestinians are Muslim savages who wants to throw queers off of buildings so you’re stupid to protest what Israel is doing to them” routine
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2024, 12:27:35 PM »

That's why we will have the first real primary in 28 with Harris, Newsom and a Dark Horse candidate like Steph Curry, Wes Moore, Shapiro or Whitmer

24 is BIDEN he was the only one to def TRUMP, Hillary didn't she has again endorsed Biden. To clarify she isn't running
Freshly-touched grass
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 04:07:11 PM »

I really can empathize but at this point the dooming is just making the 2024 board unreadable. If you don't like the way the discourse is going there, maybe consider not contributing to it by repeatedly insisting on something you have no control over. When it becomes a pattern it becomes a public nuisance, whether it's OSR or Alben posting the same thing over and over again as if it would make anything go their way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2024, 04:38:50 PM »

OSR thought that Fetterman was gonna lose because of his bad performance and he won that's why both OSR and Barkley R nut maps are wrong, in 22.

MT Treasure thought the same thing and he doesn't post anything anymore
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024, 06:19:29 PM »

I like him and all, genuinely a very amusing poster. But he really isn't all that bright.

No, Hillary Clinton would not be doing better than Joe Biden. Rofl at the mere suggestion.

Rofl at the idea that the average voter in any way cares about Bill F***ing Maher.

And idk, just so many other thing about him. He rallies against Joe Biden for being an old man yelling at the sky, when he is this forum's equivalent of an old man, trapped in the body of a 30-something, yelling at the sky. Oh wait, trapped in the body? Damn, I probably shouldn't say that, or else we'll get another trans tirade.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024, 06:22:40 PM »

I really can empathize but at this point the dooming is just making the 2024 board unreadable. If you don't like the way the discourse is going there, maybe consider not contributing to it by repeatedly insisting on something you have no control over. When it becomes a pattern it becomes a public nuisance, whether it's OSR or Alben posting the same thing over and over again as if it would make anything go their way.

It helps that there’s the British election to keep me occupied, but I’ve had the whole presidential election section of the forum minimized for most of the last month and it’s been great. I’ll peek in every so often, but it’s mostly out of sight, out of mind.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2024, 07:20:18 PM »

I wonder how many of those who recommended recognized the 'Twin Peaks: The Return' reference.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2024, 07:20:51 PM »

I wonder how many of those who recommended recognized the 'Twin Peaks: The Return' reference.

I'm so glad that at least one person did!

And before anyone reminds, yes, I know that's not an exact quote of what the guy said, but it's close enough, lol.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: Today at 02:18:18 PM »

It's just out of hand lately.  He literally called wrbrocks cognitively impaired. 

Alben, if you're reading this, you've lost your way.  You may be stressed or whatever, but that shouldn't give you the right to demean other people.  I happen to agree with you that Biden should drop out, but your posts on the subject make me want to honestly take the other position out of spite just due to how hateful you've been lately.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:23:57 PM »

It's just out of hand lately.  He literally called wrbrocks cognitively impaired. 

Alben, if you're reading this, you've lost your way.  You may be stressed or whatever, but that shouldn't give you the right to demean other people.  I happen to agree with you that Biden should drop out, but your posts on the subject make me want to honestly take the other position out of spite just due to how hateful you've been lately.
I like Alben. But what he said about wbrocks is just out of line.
Sad to see that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies