4 years later, U.S. suspends funding to EcoHealth Alliance over Wuhan Lab funding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:52:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  4 years later, U.S. suspends funding to EcoHealth Alliance over Wuhan Lab funding
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 4 years later, U.S. suspends funding to EcoHealth Alliance over Wuhan Lab funding  (Read 1153 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2024, 01:36:29 PM »

Just to clarify, most scientists still believe COVID has a zoonotic origin more likely than not. It's the intelligence agencies that have leaned towards lab leak in the last couple years.
Natural origin is still probably the most likely explanation for COVID, but Lab Leak Theory shouldn’t be treated as a deranged conspiracy theory on par with QAnon or the JQ, nor should it have been during the early pandemic.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2024, 02:17:05 PM »

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. No evidence anything is being covered up. I don't think anyone knows for sure whether it was a lab leak or not.
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2024, 03:49:22 AM »

I don’t believe in covid19
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2024, 07:11:01 AM »

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. No evidence anything is being covered up.

A guy in a hearing before Congress just literally admitted he was supposed to communicate everything on private emails so it would not be subject to FOIA. It's the Newsweek article on the last page.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2024, 02:56:33 PM »

hey, he said no evidence was being covered up, and only someone with god like powers would make such a ridiculous claim, so it has to be true.  And I already posted the story here showing how many/most govt officials (including Biden, Dubya, Obama, tons of senators and reps) were using private (and fake) emails to do govt work so they wouldn't be caught up in future FOIA requests and nobody cared because it involved everyone and nobody wants to go after their political heroes.  Atlas and the American voter know their politicians are lying crooks and they just don't care.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2024, 08:44:53 PM »

The thing that's always irritated me about the whole lab leak discourse is that it's talked about as if it was equivalent to some villainous international act of sabotage (I think it's obvious why that wouldn't be the case). If Covid-19 did come from a lab leak, it would have been a catastrophic mistake by some airhead scientist who disposed of samples incorrectly, or more likely, an institution with bad safety procedures. That's not that interesting!

The media and liberal policymakers' unwillingness to talk about the lab leak theory in a serious way played into this imo, by giving it a sheen of "the knowledge they don't want you to know about." Obviously this was because they didn't want to embolden racist conspiracy theories about Chinese sabotage, but anybody with a brain and knowledge of American society would know that those would be circulating anyway. It has more than a whiff of the "left Straussianism" which was so characteristic of the technocratic response to the pandemic. Throughout the whole pandemic, policymakers said to do things which they thought would create a desired outcome, rather than communicating in a factual, upfront way. This is a good way to burn credibility, which we can see has happened.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2024, 10:49:51 PM »

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. No evidence anything is being covered up. I don't think anyone knows for sure whether it was a lab leak or not.

A guy in a hearing before Congress just literally admitted he was supposed to communicate everything on private emails so it would not be subject to FOIA. It's the Newsweek article on the last page.

I don't know how relevant that is but I meant in China. You understand I was saying I don't think lab leak is a conspiracy theory lol. To that end I put my whole post back in your truncated quote.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2024, 10:50:12 PM »

hey, he said no evidence was being covered up

That's not what I said.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2024, 11:04:03 PM »

hey, he said no evidence was being covered up

That's not what I said.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2024, 11:07:12 PM »

Yeah I said no evidence anything is being covered up, not no evidence is being covered up. Only the latter requires the "god like powers" you mockingly cited.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2024, 03:53:38 AM »

The thing that's always irritated me about the whole lab leak discourse is that it's talked about as if it was equivalent to some villainous international act of sabotage (I think it's obvious why that wouldn't be the case). If Covid-19 did come from a lab leak, it would have been a catastrophic mistake by some airhead scientist who disposed of samples incorrectly, or more likely, an institution with bad safety procedures. That's not that interesting!
Uh, what? I think most people, unless they're obfuscating for political purposes, would find bad safety procedures causing a global pandemic that killed millions of people to be 'interesting,' particularly if the people responsible then lied and covered up the truth to the rest of the world
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2024, 08:35:04 PM »

Uh, what? I think most people, unless they're obfuscating for political purposes, would find bad safety procedures causing a global pandemic that killed millions of people to be 'interesting,' particularly if the people responsible then lied and covered up the truth to the rest of the world

By less interesting, I mean less novel or unexpected, relative to the implied bioweapon conspiracies implied by others.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies