TimTurner/ChristianMan for President: Let's Fix Atlasia!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:40:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TimTurner/ChristianMan for President: Let's Fix Atlasia!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TimTurner/ChristianMan for President: Let's Fix Atlasia!  (Read 627 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2024, 04:39:10 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I had the honor of getting elected as your President in the last election. My first act as President was, in line with my pledge to reward hard, honest work, was a minimum wage increase. I have sought to work with people from all backgrounds to do the work of the people, to act in a restrained way, acting with great deference towards our institutions and keeping in mind that this office's power ought to be used with discretion, within bounds of constitutionality. I have sought to fulfill what I have promised you, the people of Atlasia, and yes, it can be hard. A fair game mindful of everyone, someway or another, can be hard. But striving for it is still a worthy endeavor.

The great work of President Spiral continues to lay before us. But the work of the people is never finished. And newer issues have cropped up and existing issues have in some ways worsened. The greatest issue presently is an overgrown structure that was built for a time when we had higher activity and significantly higher engagement. It is time we look at this overall situation critically and see if it would be prudent to cut elected offices down in number. To this end, if re-elected I will appoint a commission to look specifically into the issue of the number of elected offices and if it would make sense cutting them from where they presently are. The chair of the commission would my Vice President, should he want the job, and four other people would be appointed, representing a wide range of factions.

I continue to believe that unity is important and I promise to be a President supportive of reasoned stability. I shall eschew using the power of my office to engineer a crisis, as that is something the Atlasian people don't deserve. It is key we have peace of mind in our citizenry. We need a functional political system, and commitment to that is something I hope is as strong in the minds of the electorate as it is in my heart. To that end I promise to do my utmost, within the bounds of what my job entails, to also help fill every effectively vacant or formally vacant seat on our highest legal organ, the Supreme Court, by the end of a second term.

I would remiss to not mention my desire to further reward honest work. I pledge to do my utmost to increase the earned-income tax credit, which puts money in the hands of those earning wages and allows them to keep more of what they earn in their hands. I believe in rewarding working people and those who earn, putting food on the table for their families and supporting and helping sustain society (among other groups of course). Workers should be able to keep more of their pay at home and working families of various kinds deserve the added wiggle room.

We need a President who will stand for the interests of all Atlasia as a whole. We need a President who is considered in exercising the power of the office and respects the weighty nature of the job. Atlasians deserve a President who will help repair wounds, not open them, reward good on an individual and collective basis, and do the work of the people. In the meantime, we shouldn't stand still. We should help fix the game. Together. I'm honored to be your President after having won the last election, and I'm honored to be a candidate in the next. I humbly ask for your vote.

Together, let's fix Atlasia.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 10:13:49 PM »

I'm honored to be part of your team
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 08:28:13 PM »

Philadelphia Pennsylvania:

It is unfortunate that there are certain politicians who advocate for the use of the prison industrial complex in order to punish or intimidate political rivals. The prison industrial complex is one of the many monopolies which is in need of dire reform and my work in Lincoln as a former deputy successfully cracked down on this racist and classist system. I am here to re-emphasize my support of the Constitution and to pledge that the TimTurner administration respects those even if we disagree. Thank you and may God bless Atlasia.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 05:10:13 PM »

Private prisons have been outlawed federally and in all 3 regions.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 10:03:56 PM »

Detroit Michigan:

Voting opens in just under an hour. Please consider voting for the TimTurner/Christian Man ticket for a president who vows to continue stability, work with poltiicans from across the aisle, and protect the civil liberties of all Atlasians. Thank you and may God bless Atlasia.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 06:19:19 PM »

Endorsed
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 08:58:25 PM »

It's an honor, thank you.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2024, 11:28:44 PM »

It is official, I have been expelled from the office of the Vice Presidency by the two senators whom I had previously expelled from their positions last year. I wish nothing but the best to the new admin as soon enough they will be taking President Tim & mines space. Senator Reactionary is a known defender of the faith and I look forward to finding common ground and working with his admin. Thank you all for your support and may God bless Atlasia.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2024, 01:22:59 AM »

To all those who voted for me, I want to preface this by saying: Thank you for voting for me, I greatly appreciate it.

Now, Laborites: the results of this election were the result of a balance of probabilities that ultimately resulted in me losing by just one vote. This was a mess, an utter mess, an example for how not to do get-out-of-the-vote, that almost speaks for itself. No real slate until our own voters in the voting booths gave us one. Failure to fully preference. Splintering that allowed the ex-SNP get-out-the-vote machine to prevail. We should learn from this campaign going forward. We did rather well more recently, but now we're down to just one at-large. You have to be able to fight for what you've won, or else you lose it. I fought hard and won DA and even Federalist votes this time around, but with Labor turnout being this poor, in the end it didn't save me. Next time around we should aspire to do better, no matter who the person(s) the party as a whole runs, and/or gets behind are. For us to have zero Labor candidates formally on the ballot for National Senate is hardly an ideal state of affairs.

The result of the election was something of a shock and I did not believe it until I saw confirmation. But in the circumstances it does make some sense that such a result unfolded. Notwithstanding the problems that others had mobilizing their voters, it is clear there's demand to fix what's not presently functional. OBD, me, and Mr. R all ran on proposals to redress these problems, which is a strong sign that there's at least something of a shared understanding among the lion's share of the electorate the current status quo isn't sustainable. All three of us ran on versions of changing that that suited where they were contemporarily situated and who their voters were. And all three of us forcefully argued on behalf of such policies. Evidently a lot of people felt I could best deliver a fix or at least had the best way of approaching these problems and I'm thankful, again, for the support of y'all in lending a vote to that. Things cannot stay completely the same from here. As I said in my inaugural, "Human government may be imperfectible because humans are imperfect, but that doesn't mean that good can't be done." The campaign itself may had been utmost in its very unusual qualities, but it did deliver a result.

It is true, even the most capable general cannot win a war or even a battle with no troops. I can't say I'm happy with how many likely Tim voters, from all across the game and across almost all parties, didn't vote, and the climate this time around was hardly ideal. But there's no use crying over spilled milk. I was the first to send congratulations to Mr. Reactionary in his campaign thread upon his winning becoming clear. It's time to move on. Once again, thank of y'all who voted for me, I appreciate it. It was a honor to have gotten your vote, and it was a honor to run alongside ChristianMan as well. I pledge to continue serving the people and doing the people's work as circumstances demand. Goodnight.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2024, 01:36:22 AM »

While we may disagree on many issues, what nobody can deny is that you have the best interests of our nation in your heart and that you have been an honorable public servant. I look forward to working with you and Christian Man over the upcoming months to help reunite our nation and help fix many of the problems we are facing
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies