What really happens to us when we die?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:24:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What really happens to us when we die?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What really happens to us when we die?  (Read 121 times)
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2024, 11:29:27 PM »

It's probably the biggest mystery that there ever was and it's never going to be answered for certain because you'd have to be dead to find out for sure, but

what do you think really happens?

I believe in an afterlife, but I don't think it's for very long.  I think it's a short state that we might be in, until we just are at rest.  I think "rest at peace" is actually accurate.

I would say that if you do believe in a God or have a specific religious afterlife you want, then you might have that set up in advance and so you will see, for example, God or Jesus when you die because that would part of your afterlife.

I'm not sure everyone has the same destination.

Of course these are things you can't say for certain, they are just what I imagine.

What about your own thoughts?  What would you like for to happen?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 11:28:40 AM »

It's probably the biggest mystery that there ever was and it's never going to be answered for certain because you'd have to be dead to find out for sure, but

what do you think really happens?

I believe in an afterlife, but I don't think it's for very long.  I think it's a short state that we might be in, until we just are at rest.  I think "rest at peace" is actually accurate.

I would say that if you do believe in a God or have a specific religious afterlife you want, then you might have that set up in advance and so you will see, for example, God or Jesus when you die because that would part of your afterlife.

I'm not sure everyone has the same destination.

Of course these are things you can't say for certain, they are just what I imagine.

What about your own thoughts?  What would you like for to happen?
Your house goes into an estate sale and your living relatives often disagree on what to do. Oh, you mean to "you", to me , "you" just stop existing.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2024, 01:10:58 PM »

I watched a really interesting YouTube video the other day about a secular argument for it being far more logical to assume consciousness is not destroyed at death.  It was very interesting to hear a non-religious articulation of that idea.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies