Which group of posters is more annoying?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:32:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which group of posters is more annoying?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Those insisting that Biden’s debate performance is a nothingburger

Those dooming about Biden’s chances of winning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Which group of posters is more annoying?  (Read 305 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2024, 07:10:43 PM »

?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 07:13:54 PM »

“Dooming” is a slur. I call it “thinking.”
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 07:55:34 PM »

The posters who present Biden's debate performance as a nothingburger are embarrassing themselves.

The public officials who "prepped" Biden for the debate are amongst the most dishonest people in public life.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 08:14:47 PM »

The spamming, whichever group it comes from, is what's most annoying. It's fine to leave a reply to something you think is new and worth discussing, but some people are just making sure their stance is known in every thread there is, in the 2024 board.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 09:55:27 PM »

I don't think anybody is suggesting it's a nothingburger. At least I haven't seen that here. But there are arguments I can agree with that the general reaction here and in the media is somewhat extreme.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2024, 10:50:03 PM »

I don't think anybody is suggesting it's a nothingburger. At least I haven't seen that here. But there are arguments I can agree with that the general reaction here and in the media is somewhat extreme.
Mr. X and Pres Mike are
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2024, 11:03:18 PM »

Mr. X and Pres Mike are

I’m not saying it is a nothingburger, I’m saying it was very bad, but it wasn’t fatal by any means.  The debate was not nearly as damaging as the hysterical public bedwetting afterward.  More importantly, Harris is still far weaker than Biden.  It’s as simple as that.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2024, 11:09:19 PM »

Mr. X and Pres Mike are

I’m not saying it is a nothingburger, I’m saying it was very bad, but it wasn’t fatal by any means.  The debate was not nearly as damaging as the hysterical public bedwetting afterward.  More importantly, Harris is still far weaker than Biden.  It’s as simple as that.
I hate Harris as much as the next guy. She’s a talentless hack who only got the job because of her race and sex. But even she is better than Biden at this point.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 11:10:35 PM »

Mr. X and Pres Mike are

I hate Harris as much as the next guy. She’s a talentless hack who only got the job because of her race and sex. But even she is better than Biden at this point.

She’d still do worse in PA, WI, and MI even after all this.  To run her or Newsom would be to cede all of those states to Trump and that’s the ballgame.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2024, 11:13:57 PM »

Mr. X and Pres Mike are

She’d still do worse in PA, WI, and MI even after all this.  To run her or Newsom would be to cede all of those states to Trump and that’s the ballgame.
Whitmer should’ve been the VP. In the event that Harris becomes the nominee and totally bombs in the Midwest, I hope that it will at least scare the Dems away from identity politics for a long time
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 11:46:47 PM »

I'm not denying that dooming doesn't exist in this context, but is it really dooming to point out that Biden is the underdog, especially considering that a poll hasn't shown him winning by enough to win the EC in weeks, possibly months by now?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2024, 12:46:28 AM »

It's the Doomers currently.  We're just too polarized for this to really move the needle much at all, even if Biden does drop out.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2024, 01:48:27 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2024, 07:21:25 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Red Avatar Panic Index proportional to Valium usage.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2024, 01:50:52 AM »

Biden could still win, but it's looking rather dicey.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2024, 02:34:40 AM »

Mr. X and Pres Mike are

This is generally my thought on the matter too. Luckily, past evidence is with us.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2024, 09:34:51 AM »

The Doomers whom insist that with July, Aug, Sept, 3 months till early voting begins Biden drops out
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2024, 02:02:25 PM »

Only the second group is effectively bullying people out of posting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies