No Watergate and how future elections play out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:06:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  No Watergate and how future elections play out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: No Watergate and how future elections play out  (Read 17371 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

The events of 11 September 2001

0600 - The morning news discusses the Speaker’s death. D.C. police announce that they continue to suspect the shooting to be a random act of violence.

0732 – President Voinovich makes a brief statement regarding last night’s shooting. The President, also believes it’s a random act of violence and tells the D.C. police to “keep up the good work.” The President intends to keep his schedule to include speaking to a delegation of bankers in Arlington, VA.

0830 – President Voinovich arrives in Arlington for his address. Meanwhile outside the Supreme Court building, an unattended U-Haul truck spotted by D.C. police. The truck is loaded with explosives. Despite the timer going off, the bomb in the truck does not activate and the truck is removed safely.

0912 – As he leaves the Arlington Hilton, a shot if fired at the President as he leaves the Hilton.

0926 – From Virginia Hospital Center – A Secret Service agent confirms that the shot hit President Voinovich. The agent does not elaborate further.

0938 – Walter Reed Medical Center – A spokesman from Secretary of State Jack Kemp’s office, reports that Secretary Kemp was attacked 20 minutes ago and stabbed 6 times by an assailant. The assailant was killed by security guards as they pull him off Secretary Kemp.

0955 – Wall Street, New York City – Two explosions are heard outside of the New York Stock exchange. 14 people are killed from the blast.

1019 – Two men of Arab descent approach the Naval Observatory demanding to meet with Vice President Hutchison. When refused by Secret Service, an exchange of gunfire comes about. Both suspects are killed while one secret service agent is killed and another is wounded. Meanwhile, Vice President Hutchison is already in an unknown but secure location.

1027 – A White House spokesperson addresses the press corps regarding the conditions of the President and Secretary Kemp. Both men are listed in critical condition. It was announced that President Voinovich is having immediate surgery to remove the bullet which doctors believe was lodged in his liver.

1115 – Doctors at Virginia Hospital Center, announce that President George Voinovich died at 1029. The death was a result of a sniper shot to the President’s abdomen. He was 65 years old.

1121 – Capital building police notice three unmarked and unattended packages left outside Senate Majority Leader Gregg’s office. The Capital building is evacuated.

1142 – Doctors announce at Walter Reed Hospital that Secretary Kemp’s condition had stabilized though still serious. He suffered severe stab wounds to his face and neck.

1153 – The White House announces that Vice President Hutchison is still in hiding, in an undisclosed location. There is no certainty if she has taken the Presidential Oath of Office.

1242 – The White House announces that Vice President Hutchison took the oath of office as the 44th President of the United States at 1215 from the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. There were still photos taken of the event.

1415 – For the first time today, now President Hutchison is seen talking with members of the State, Defense and Justice Departments in the White House Situation room.

1608 – D.C. Police, along with the FBI announce that they have arrested a suspect in the assassination of Speaker Bob Livingston. The suspect turns out to be a 16 year old Muslim teen.

1819 – D.C. Police now confirm that the suspect in Speaker Livingston’s death has connections to Al Qaedia. Furthermore, police announce that there are several leads to the assailant who assassinated the president however no further details are revealed.

2000 – President Hutchison addresses the nation from the Oval Office. In a speech that lasts less than ten minutes, President Hutchison makes clear that all braches of government are functioning smoothly and effectively and that all assailants and conspirators in the terror attacks today will be apprehended and brought to justice.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

Very interesting. It reminds me somewhat of the failed attempt in 1865 to kill the President, the Vice President and the Secretary of State on the same day and as we know Booth killed the President. I wonder how the 2004 Presidential Election will play out.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

You are the last one to talk about that son!

I would never have a map this improbable.  There is no way a candidate will win all fifty states.  Other than that, though, this is a very good TL.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:28 AM »

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry, but this Time Line will be suspended temporally while I am moving. I plan to pick it up after my move is complete which should be at the beginning of the year.

I plan to take this up to the 2008 election.

Bye for now!
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry, but this Time Line will be suspended temporally while I am moving. I plan to pick it up after my move is complete which should be at the beginning of the year.

I plan to take this up to the 2008 election.

Bye for now!

Looking forward to the next update, even if it means waiting for a while Wink. I am interested to see how the Hutchison Presidency will play out.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »

This was an excellent timeline Mike, like all of your timelines Smiley. Considering you only have one more Presidential Election to cover in this TL, that being the 2008 Presidential Election, is there a chance that you could do so? Although I understand if you can't continue it Mike, it would be great to do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies